skins wont show

title says it..i have custom skins downloaded and put in the base folder..i can select the custom skins in the menu..but i cant see my custom skins in game...i just see the normal ones..any clue why..o and when i downloaded the big one skin packs my laptop just freezes the game at the loading screen..im running vista 32..really appreciate if i can get some help

Comments

• i fixed the issue of my skins not showing..but i downloaded the big on skin pack..and all the game does is freeze at the loading screen..i need help with that
  • sadly, I think Tribes2 doesn't like the "Big One", probably has an issue with that many skins in a single VL2...
  • Do we have a number of skins/size of file that we should use as a maximum?
  • i dl'd the big skin pack and it loads fine on my 64 bit vista.
    Do we have a number of skins/size of file that we should use as a maximum?
    I wonder if T2 does have a limit.... just like datablocks and functions...
  • T2 doesn't have issue with the number of skins, as I ran a script that processed each of them...
    I'm not 100% sure what the issue is, but it's more likely related to the size of the VL2 file, as I believe T2 loads those into memory to process.

We could perhaps re-release with several smaller VL2 files (single, or massive zip/rar), or release a massive zip that they must extract to their GameData folder...
  • itm ust be the big one..i downloaded a 1.6gb skin pack and it works fine..thanks for the help guys
  • edited August 2009
    In the process of uploading (fixed) VL2s to my site (ETC: tomorrow)
    Turned out to be an issue with the app I packed them with. :-\