Muting all chat voices and voicepacks?

Im looking for a script that lets me mute all chat voices and voicepacks. The chat message should still be displayed but without the sound being played. It should be toggable by single keypress so i can turn it on/off while ingame. Anyone know of such a script?

I searched for the term "mute" on http://www.chaingunned.org/sling/index.php and found alot of stuff but theres no discription so im not sure if they really do what i want.

Comments

• Mute***s should handle the voice packs, but it doesn't handle the default chat messages.
  • Doesn't it only remove the sounds that are already ingame but arent ment to be used as a voice messages like the team rabbit 2 sounds? Also it doesnt have a key to on/off it while in a server. ???(is that even possible?)

Im looking for something that mutes:

all voices (shazbot etc.)
    team rabbit 2 sounds and stuff like "horde mode" or whatever.
    all voice packs like hades

but it should still display the messages in the chat hud.

Anyone up for some scripting? ;D I cant be the only one that gets annoyed by 50 player voice spam fests on goon haven. ::)
  • im using this, mutes everything, text too unfortunately..

bind a key to "global mute", you get an on/off msg onscreen when you press it.
  • I wrote a script, but I haven't actually bothered fully testing it fully yet. This should mute everything except default team-oriented voice binds, with the press of a button.
  • Im looking for a script that lets me mute all chat voices and voicepacks. The chat message should still be displayed but without the sound being played. It should be toggable by single keypress so i can turn it on/off while ingame. Anyone know of such a script?

I searched for the term "mute" on http://www.chaingunned.org/sling/index.php and found alot of stuff but theres no discription so im not sure if they really do what i want.

a proper client-side modification of the chat functions with a strstr filter should accomplish what you want.
  • edited November 2009
    Actually im using mutegoons and it works pretty well. It doesnt mute teamchat but it gets rid of the global spam which is good enough. After some testing i found a few minor bugs though. It keeps showing the key combination for global chat when muted like this "[VGS] Shazbot" unless thats how its supposed to be? It also mutes the whole "v v" menu unless thats how its supposed to be, but even then it doesnt always mute it for some reason.

Thanks for everyone who posted. :)
  • It keeps showing the key combination for global chat when muted like this "[VGS] Shazbot" unless thats how its supposed to be?
    I think that's a setting in Tribes 2 somewhere. I'm not sure how that works.
    It also mutes the whole "v v" menu unless thats how its supposed to be, but even then it doesnt always mute it for some reason.
    The "Very Quick" menu? It shouldn't.

Wait, is your "v v" menu set to do animations like in Tribes 1? There's a glitch in Tribes 2 that sometimes doesn't play your animations on your end for some reason. Other people should still hear you doing it. My script doesn't do anything about animations.
  • edited November 2009
    The "Very Quick" menu? It shouldn't.

Yes, the "very quick" menu.

It only mutes it when i use it but i can still hear others using it. I dont really mind it much but if feel free to fix these bugs if you want to. :P
  • Do not mute us, JOIN us !
    honestly i'd rather have you on permanent ignore
  • You can't get mad at the spam! Sometimes it is annoying, but then I lol. You can't stay mad a Team Watch Where You're Shooting!
  • im using this, mutes everything, text too unfortunately..

bind a key to "global mute", you get an on/off msg onscreen when you press it.

All those times I made fun of you, and you didn't even get to read it....