Display Change Failed

Hi all,

Whenever I try to run the program (patched or not) the screen goes grey and I get a "Display Change Failed" dialogue box telling me that the Hardware failed to switch. This has to be OK'd twice before an Unhandled Exception pops up. After that, the Tribes 2 and rubyintersect processes continue to run until terminated.

I have terrible integrated graphics which I suspect might be at the heart of things -- an Intel GM965 Express chipset. Is this the source of my woes? I likely should have known better than to ever purchase a notebook without a dedicated card, but I never thought I'd have trouble running a game from nearly a decade ago.

I've tried modifying ClientPrefs.cs to stop OpenGL and instead use D3D, I've also tried disabling the intro video but I can't find that line to modify in the ClientPrefs file, so I just added it in alphabetically where it should go. No dice. Also have the latest Intel drivers. Any ideas?

Comments

• Try running in windowed mode.
  • EDIT: Seems to be working. Now I'll see if I can get past the myriad other problems that are native to the game itself :P

Cheers