Unhandled exception

I keep on getting the general exception error in the middle of games. Most often during a respawn or continuing on a server that's starting another map. I've been reading around the forum and tried all the tricks but it still happens. Any Ideas? I got the same error when trying to play the original a number of years ago. If tribes is now a player driven mpfps we need a hero to save us! xD

Comments

• Make sure that you have no/minimal other things at work on your ethernet connection. No torrent programs, or anything else that may chug away at bandwidth while you are bursting data for a map change from the server.

It is also sadly possible that your ethernet and hard disk are sharing resources, and contention for those resources during peak times is tanking your connection.

All this assumes that you are NOT overclocking anything. If you are, then try undoing any overclocking.

Also:

Please ensure that you have all chipset drivers from the manufacturer, not just windows defaults. Check my thread on affinity resolution for the link to [H]ard OCP guide to AMD/Intel dual core patches and the AMD time synch patch, if any apply to you. If you have any amd/intel dual core and XP, it definitely will. Vista relieves some of the need for certain fixes.

Good program code is designed to gracefully handle any exceptions, even if they are fatal. My guess is this is a timing issue or memory/data corruption issue. Overclocking and /or lack of (or improper) drivers can cause this. If it were bad ram, you'd see page faults in non paged areas, most likely.

If you see a blue screen while playing that says something akin to "IRQ not less or equal" It is an IRQ/DMA conflict. If you have any add in cards that you can move, do so. This causing the system to reallocate. Other things that i've done successfully are to disable serial and parallel ports in the BIOS, or disable onboard audio, boot to windows, and then restart, to re-enable the onboard audio.

I hope any of that helps. Best of luck to ya.