Issue while trying to create account.

I tried looking through the other account creation topics but didn't see any like my problem, if there is one please point me to the right direction. Anyways I go through the process of creating the account, once I get to the point where I have to choose the RSA Strength which I only choose the 2nd two options. Then hit retrieve code button and my game stops responding then i have to cntrl alt del to exit... Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Right when you click this button a message should pop up telling you not to close the game, and it will appear to hang. This is normal, and part of the key generation process. Just let it run its course, and it will eventually finish.

With a fast processor, the lowest strength key setting can sit like this for about half a minute, but going back a few generations it can take up to 10 or 15 minutes. If you have the time, just let it run while you go make a snack or something and it should be done when you get back.
  • Right when you click this button a message should pop up telling you not to close the game, and it will appear to hang. This is normal, and part of the key generation process. Just let it run its course, and it will eventually finish.

With a fast processor, the lowest strength key setting can sit like this for about half a minute, but going back a few generations it can take up to 10 or 15 minutes. If you have the time, just let it run while you go make a snack or something and it should be done when you get back.

Problem is I don't get that little pop up telling me to wait, the moment I click the button it hangs right there... is it still working even if I don't get the pop up? i've reinstalled like 5 times already and patched =/
  • I would imagine it should be...try letting it sit for several minutes, and let us know.
  • I would imagine it should be...try letting it sit for several minutes, and let us know.

Don't worry I already have, i've been trying to do this for the last 2 hours... it doesnt work at all. It goes no where and sits there frozen.. so i don't know what to do anymore.. When I cntrl alt del and see that rubyintersect in the backround running, i end it and tribes client lets me hit next to the name and password option... once i complete that it gives me this 0000095 or something error... so i don't get the pop up screen telling me to wait and i get a 0000095 error .
  • Thanks for PMing me twice in a row... within 5 minutes.

The key generation step can take a long time. Get a little more patient, and let it finish the computation. Set it to a 512-bit key, and just let it run.

If you have an ancient system, that step can take 10 minutes.

Terminating the Ruby interpreter while it is computing a key via the task manager is a really good way to guarantee a UE.
  • Thanks for PMing me twice in a row... within 5 minutes.

The key generation step can take a long time. Get a little more patient, and let it finish the computation. Set it to a 512-bit key, and just let it run.

If you have an ancient system, that step can take 10 minutes.

Terminating the Ruby interpreter while it is computing a key via the task manager is a really good way to guarantee a UE.

sorry didnt think the first pm went through... anyways i got it working thanks..