Everything running at extreme speed.

I'm running on a windows XP machine and I my drivers are up to date. Both online and offline everything seems to move extremely fast, everything from the rain texture to the sky texture, and when I move I move at light speed.
My ping is fine when playing multiplayer also.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Follow the instructions in the last post of this FAQ entry: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=473.0

The game originally used the RDTSC instruction for simulation timekeeping. In multi-processor systems, or on systems with power management clock scaling, this timekeeping method can cause either jittery or time scaled simulaton speed. Running setPerfCounterEnable(0); changes the game timekeeping to more modern methods that work when RDTSC gives results that aren't suitable for timekeeping purposes.
  • Out of curiosity, is there ever any downside to running setPerfCounterEnable(0); ?
  • If there's no functioning high precision event timer, perhaps. I doubt anyone will run into that sort of situation, so I'm including a call to setPerfCounterEnable(0); in the TN initialization scripts in RC3.
  • my c2d system has stutter in game if perfcounter is set to 0, but thats with s2k3 for os and the hpet timer enabled in bios