Spawn Build Troubles

It seems I am unable to build spawn graphs at all. It won't let me from the AI editor seeing as how that just freezes it then crashes and when I try to do it in a cmd prompt it doesn't do anything.

C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\Gamedata>Tribes2 -spnBuild NewMap Construction

Comments

• Hi
    Go here, dl the ai tutorial if you don't have it;

www.tribaloutpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6443

It has lots of info on building maps with ai.
  • It seems I am unable to build spawn graphs at all. It won't let me from the AI editor seeing as how that just freezes it then crashes and when I try to do it in a cmd prompt it doesn't do anything.

C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\Gamedata>Tribes2 -spnBuild NewMap Construction
    Is your map bigger than 2km? If so, then the spawn graph builder will not work.
  • I don't believe it is over 2km, and the cmd prompt doesn't do anything except act like its hosting a game. I don't know if this should happen and if I should wait for it to finish....whatever its doing.
  • It sometimes takes a long time for it to start doing what it needs to do.
  • The spawn build process can take some time and is dependent on a number of conditions on your map. What you might want to do is make a copy of your .mis file, clean it out of everything except the necessities and interiors in the immediate vicinity of your spheres, and build the graph based on that.
    The function to start a spawn graph build manually is: BuildNavigationGraph("spn");

I believe Sfphinx also wrote a spawngraph tutorial if you want to check that out. Should be over at tribaloutpost.
  • Hi
    Go here, dl the ai tutorial if you don't have it;

www.tribaloutpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6443

It has lots of info on building maps with ai.

this link is down- anyone have a backup of this? would like to check it out