Vulcano Deathmoon Rising

I made a new looking lava map, thats built off DeathmoonRising..
My map has randomly exploading vulcanos, that can kill, lava pools, new lava terrain and lava textures, with a new skybox to finish it off. Try it it out, let me know what you think...

Download
http://www.tribalcombat.com/tribes2-ultimate/downloads/maps/VulcanoDeathmoonRising/

All graphics settings are on max in the screenshots, and texture compression is set to none, with it enabled it reduces the games texture detail and looks, not a good thing in such an old game.

Screenshots
http://www.tribalcombat.com/tribes2-ultimate/downloads/maps/VulcanoDeathmoonRising/screenshots/

Tribes2%202013-07-08%2023-31-17-55_1280x1024.jpg
Tribes2%202013-07-08%2023-33-18-32_1280x1024.jpg

Comments

• Looks nice.... will try it out.
  • edited July 2013
    I forgot to mention, if you put this map on your server, all players must have it, even if the server is not currently running this map, Because the data for the custom lava emitters will be loaded after the map is played.
    That is one of the problems when running custom maps, that have new data that uses new static shapes, or new textures in emitters for things, it makes your server 100% clientside no matter what, after the map is loaded or before if they used autoexec folder. I don't think there is way to deactivate the new data after the map is unloaded.. This is no issue if your running my Tribes2-Ultimate, it includes every new texture, or shape. If need be I can make a version that uses base stuff for the lava effects.
    I purchased the new lava terrain textures, I must say they look vary nice and I included about 8 more types that are not used.
    All graphics settings are on max in the screenshots, and texture compression is set to none, with it enabled it reduces the games texture detail and looks, not a good thing in such an old game.
  • Wow! That looks amazing!
  • It looks awesome. It was a little laggy tho not sure if that was my settings or not. Red Shifter might know how to make the map work on the server without making the whole thing clientside, but idk if that is even possible.
  • edited July 2013
    I just got to replace the vulcano emmitter textures with base types.
    You can set your video vissable distance to about 50% that seems to work nicely..
    Todays new cards should not lag at all.. When i made this map and my new Lavadance, map, I was making it for my Tribes2_Ultimate only, but decided to share it here just to get some feedback..