T2 Tournament (7vs7) for $100 1st Place with $25 per team to join (FuNdRaIseR)

Greetings everyone,

Once again, like to thank everyone for keeping T2 alive.

With that being said, moving along to the skinny.

This tournament will start in mid-September and run through October, for a 6 Weeks Schedule.

Plenty of time of planning and getting a team together.

Team Captains and Free Agents, can post in this thread or start a new thread, for your team recruiting information and details.

The Team Owner/Captain is responsible for sending team entry fee in and accepting the winnings, for their team, in the event of a successful victory.

Players who are looking for a team to join or put together their team(s) can work out the entry fees per player and/or with/as team owners. As ideally would think Team Owners will be willing to Sponsor and pay all entry fees for their players ($25 Total).

This will be a Double Elimination Tournament and will get into more details, as time progresses.

Would like to open the discussion on it all and if a player, should or can play, for more than one team, as shared accounts and/or picking up players, who's team looses out early on, as an option to join one of the other teams and be a fill in available, in the event, a team is short players, as the rules can be flexible for fun or strict according to team and players fairness.

So, if anyone would like to propose any special rules, etc., by all means, please do, as the goal is to bring in some new blood and most importantly the remaining vets back in the game for some fun, as who cares about winning.

The $100 1st place prize is going to be based proportionally on Entries.

8 teams is $200 and any proceeds, as in this example would be $100 and that money is going into the fund, to pay for completing the Tribes 2 Clan Tags GUI and all, that Thyth has started.

If 12-20 teams join, we can raise the prize winnings and offer 2nd and 3rd place winnings, while raising the funds, to pay a developer get our objectives completed.

I am personally looking to put at least one team together of 10-12 recruits of previous STAR members and someone squad leaders to help get us all back in shape and I will pay our team entry fee!

If you are interested in join STAR, we'd be glad to have everyone, as always!

Thanks again and please tell a friend and ask them to tell a friend, help them download and get started, as like to see the servers getting happening more, as so tired of playing snackcrap pub without any tanks

:-\

May the best team win and most importantly, may we all enjoy!

e

Comments

• For the Server will there be volunteer/staff type of thing that is going to be on to make sure that it is fair and to help with keeping everything running smooth as well as to watch the chat for those that will spam or threat with crashing/harming the server in any way and to watch for those that try to cheat
  • Think 2-3 Observer Ref Officials per match, with stream casting for everyone to watch and review, is in order.

Think a little taunting should be allowed, with maybe a 1 pt penalty per taunt, for all of us, who enjoy them!

Does not need to be so strict, that everyone is not comfortable and feeling themselves and compliment taunts for sure, are allowed in Global, think should be permissable..though we can all vote as players/teams on anything we disagree on, as far as rules, regulations and who are the officials to watch for cheats and other questionable conduct, that may be unfair to others.

For the Server will there be volunteer/staff type of thing that is going to be on to make sure that it is fair and to help with keeping everything running smooth as well as to watch the chat for those that will spam or threat with crashing/harming the server in any way and to watch for those that try to cheat
  • kk... i could help with most of that and will not be able to really help with streaming... i also have some experience with hosting servers and bei admin of servers
  • kk... i could help with most of that and will not be able to really help with streaming... i also have some experience with hosting servers and bei admin of servers

Great thanks, the streaming not really that important, the 10th anniversary tourney was fun to watch some of it and catch game highlights and recaps, that forget the name of the one who helped do it, at the moment, was dj looking geek, that did a great job of it, as well as the rest of the staff commentators and crew for that event
  • edited May 2014
    Any tournament ought to be a draft tournament imo.

The problem with picking teams is that top tiered players will group together and other teams will lack the motivation to compete. This was an issue before the draft tournaments began. Throwing entry fees and prize money into the equation will only exacerbate the issue.

I'd suggest we use Bran's tournament hub. Have a $3 or $4 player entry fee and 3 prizes which wil be calculated on how many people join.

A tournament board would have to be established to make any rulings and set out very specific tournament rules so as to avert any controversy.

We would also need to undertake a marketing campaign to promote the game. I would be able to put together some instructional Youtibe videos as I have been playing with video edited for awhile now.

I think if we want to do this let us do this properly. There are still many people who play the original Unreal Tournament and Counterstrike (because they run on any machine even without a dedicated video card) and the only thing preventing a resurgence of Tribes 2 is marketing. Very few people really know about the game.

Great thanks, the streaming not really that important, the 10th anniversary tourney was fun to watch some of it and catch game highlights and recaps, that forget the name of the one who helped do it, at the moment, was dj looking geek, that did a great job of it, as well as the rest of the staff commentators and crew for that event

Human beings always crave something new and fresh.

The reason the 10 Year Tournament was so successful was because it was a "new event" preceded by a long period of nothing much happening. The novelty of "10 years" also served to help it.

Any future successful event has likewise be "fresh and invigorating" and to do that it is going to take quite a bit of planning and effort from a small group of people.
  • I agree with the marketing end, as we need a few sponsors, if anyone knows of anyone, who may be interested, to put up some cash and prizes, more than the kitty from entry, as $1000 to winning team, would have so many people playing the game, imo, that it would attract back some of the ones who thought it had died.

I agree with the teams being unfair by not drafting them, with 7v7, we should see 4 strong teams (28 players) who if another team owner who is recruiting players, will need to not only pay for teams entry fee, they may need to offer up some cash to get players to play for them...

If a team owner came out and said this weekend having tryouts and looking for the top 7 to form a team and offering each player $25 to play the tourney on the team, this might work, if the prize was more, for sure, so owner could revamp his investment in the team, would be the notion, if they won, only.

So the richer teams and players who are money oriented, would be able to monetize their playing, and teams offering the highest pay, would be stronger.

I am open to doing draft style, as that would be fine, and maybe the fairest way to go about it, though if someone got stuck on team they did not like, or not as dedicated, as they would be, if they had put their dream team together and on it.

Maybe we can do combination, like teams get 2-3 players of their choice, as it may be friends who all play on LAN and game together in same room and location, as even two in the same room, offer a little advantage, as one can see other monitors, at glance and stronger play presumed.

3 prizes sound nice and brandzone for sure be nice

So, selection from draft can be required for a % of the team, if we think that will make fairer, as it might, as let say there are 10 teams entered and each one gets 2-4 players of their choice pre-draft and then required to chose from draft round the others, and build up the team.
    Any tournament ought to be a draft tournament imo.

The problem with picking teams is that top tiered players will group together and other teams will lack the motivation to compete. This was an issue before the draft tournaments began. Throwing entry fees and prize money into the equation will only exacerbate the issue.

I'd suggest we use Bran's tournament hub. Have a $3 or $4 player entry fee and 3 prizes which wil be calculated on how many people join.

A tournament board would have to be established to make any rulings and set out very specific tournament rules so as to avert any controversy.

We would also need to undertake a marketing campaign to promote the game. I would be able to put together some instructional Youtibe videos as I have been playing with video edited for awhile now.

I think if we want to do this let us do this properly. There are still many people who play the original Unreal Tournament and Counterstrike (because they run on any machine even without a dedicated video card) and the only thing preventing a resurgence of Tribes 2 is marketing. Very few people really know about the game.
  • Creative marketing for sure, as I think if we offered $10,000k in cash and some new cars for prizes, that would do it :D
    kk... i could help with most of that and will not be able to really help with streaming... i also have some experience with hosting servers and bei admin of servers

Human beings always crave something new and fresh.

The reason the 10 Year Tournament was so successful was because it was a "new event" preceded by a long period of nothing much happening. The novelty of "10 years" also served to help it.

Any future successful event has likewise be "fresh and invigorating" and to do that it is going to take quite a bit of planning and effort from a small group of people.
This discussion has been closed.