The most important CTF advice anyone can give new players [inside]

2»

Comments

• So don't try to attack the enemy base but to own the midfield. What do you think about my idea?
    I think your team is going to lose horribly.

haha. I can't wait to see you fail Kyrand.
  • haha. I can't wait to see you fail Kyrand.

He's right though. While Karaskasa's idea might sound good at first, it won't work in game.
  • haha. I can't wait to see you fail Kyrand.

He's right though. While Karaskasa's idea might sound good at first, it won't work in game.

You're both right about his idea. I'm just sick of Kryand being lame. teratos on the other hand, you're cool in my book, I find your posts witty and humorous.
  • You must have me confused with one of my smurfs.
  • Teratos on the other hand, you're cool in my book, I find your posts witty and humorous.
    Yeah, that's not the teratos i know....
  • I'm rather sceptical about SuperSniper's suggestion. First, it generalizes: While the motto "Offense is the best defense." might apply to CTF in Tribes 2 in general, that's simply right because you need to get the flag from the enemy base. But that's where the problem comes in: A HO will never get any flag. He will trash the base and try to turtle in there. It happens way too often that other LO don't realize the opportunity to catch the flag while the now armorless base-trashed team goes after the enemy. That's where the next problem comes in: A LO generally has no chance against some decent base defense. Think of the turrets, the mines and - of course - the base! Walls, narrow passages! Speed's got much less use there. Therefore, such a zerg of standard-equipped players normally ends in genocide and some nice points for the enemy deployers. What the base-trashed team should do instead is intercepting the HOs in the midfield. The bigger the maps and the more vehicles, the more difficult, of course.
    Thus, in case your base gets trashed: Go midfield and try to freeze the score. It's also where you can kill the enemy cappers the best.
    So don't try to attack the enemy base but to own the midfield. What do you think about my idea?
    yeah...that would never work
  • Do not doubt new ideas, or old ones. It probably wouldn't work very well. I think most people would probably skii right past you on their way to doing whatever they're doing. All of these people are doubters and have about 0 creativity.
  • Do not doubt new ideas, or old ones. It probably wouldn't work very well. I think most people would probably skii right past you on their way to doing whatever they're doing. All of these people are doubters and have about 0 creativity.
    oh please. i've tried plenty of creative stuff. don't encourage people with almost no experience to think that these crazy schemes would actually work in a real situation. I'll agree that a lot of people were stuck in the "proper" way to play, but in order to break out of those ways you first need to have a pretty talented team (like when team little tried d stacking on several maps instead of the traditional o stack)