Huge Problem with TX

I have a massive problem with TX.
It isn't to do with the server in general, but the people on the server.

There is this clan, about 9 of them, that are always on TX, building a so called 'town'.

The thing is, with all their members on, building the town, they dominate the pieces. - and their crap building structures (Non merged etc.) They take up about 1000 all together, which pretty much makes the vis limit.
This leaves the rest of us NO PIECES to build with.

Another thing is, I went on the server one day. Started building next to them... and they said that one of their members had a house there.
Anyway, before I got time to move it, they voted to kick me... And obviously, 4 to one, I got kicked.

Something has to be done about them.

Comments

• Name of clan?
  • edited January 2009
    Metal-Teddy:

I think that it should be made known that you weren't kicked for building too close to anyone.

You were harassing every player in the server by calling them all "retards." Apparently you had a bad day playing other games and dealt with too many "retards" as you described in your own words. If you jump into a server and no one says anything to you but "Hi." and, you start spouting off "noob" and "retard" to everyone, they will vote to kick you.

I would hardly describe any structure of ours to be "Non merged etc." as we make every effort to merge our pieces to keep the piece count low. We understand that this server is not ours and others use it as well. If you want to talk about non-merged, you can tell the forum how the people in the server -- that is, other guests besides the two from our group playing -- voted "NO" to loading some 400 piece (Visual limit ~1000) building of yours.

Yes, you started building near us, but we nicely let you know that if you wanted to add to the town, you'd have to do it where a building wasn't already located. You also fail to mention your continued disparagement of other players in game chat. If you were a bit more civil, perhaps the other guests in the server as well as us would enjoy having you playing with us.

Do not mislead anyone by saying there are nine (9) of us as there are only six (6), and it is very difficult to get us all online at once. If you see other people building off our walkways and buildings, think twice before assuming they are with us. They are most likely players who stumbled upon our project and asked politely if they could contribute. We are happy people like our idea and want to add to it. The hotel, the bar, the town house, and the unknown building in progress (lol) are all specific examples of contributions to our project from players that are not in our group.

Perhaps if you had been polite and respectful of other people, then you might not have a "massive problem" with the people on the server not liking you. I think you'll see that if instead you redirect your time and effort to do this instead of disparaging and taking out your problems on other people online, you will have a much more enjoyable gaming experience.

Thanks,

Mark.
  • I have a massive problem with TX.
    It isn't to do with the server in general, but the people on the server.

There is this clan, about 9 of them, that are always on TX, building a so called 'town'.

The thing is, with all their members on, building the town, they dominate the pieces. - and their crap building structures (Non merged etc.) They take up about 1000 all together, which pretty much makes the vis limit.
    This leaves the rest of us NO PIECES to build with.

Another thing is, I went on the server one day. Started building next to them... and they said that one of their members had a house there.
    Anyway, before I got time to move it, they voted to kick me... And obviously, 4 to one, I got kicked.

Something has to be done about them.

I guess you must not know...but TX runs SI (Structural Infinity) created by Linker(I believe anyway). It allows the server to abandon that visible piece limit of 1024 or so and allow you to build extreme structures without worry of any vis limit. You of course would have to download the SI client to be able to use that function anyways. As for your "massive problem" I'm more willing to believe m4rk rather than you, seeing as how he actually has more of actual support rather than your inconsistency, a clan of nine....and yet only four to one?
  • If you have a problem with one of the The-Construct servers, take it the their forums (www.the-construct.net/forums).

And, DarknessOfLight, the SI client/server are not (at current) compatible with TribesNext. :-\

Locked.
This discussion has been closed.