Comments

• I'm disappointed that didn't work out :(
  • I guess it's more or less common thoughts in some coder/admin/it circles.
  • Wow, those people were lazy!
  • It also shows how our society is kinda right on the edge of collapse if folks like this and business practices like these are commonlace. I count it either luck or blessing the code was seen before it activated. What if some malignant government, say communist China who makes most all our electronics, had built code into the hardware we buy to shut off or cause ues (lol) for the entire world on a certain date? Then in the chaos they launch ww3. I like eating Chinese but don't want commies running our gov, well, other than camrade Obama.
  • It also shows how our society is kinda right on the edge of collapse if folks like this and business practices like these are commonlace. I count it either luck or blessing the code was seen before it activated. What if some malignant government, say communist China who makes most all our electronics, had built code into the hardware we buy to shut off or cause ues (lol) for the entire world on a certain date? Then in the chaos they launch ww3. I like eating Chinese but don't want commies running our gov, well, other than camrade Obama.
    Stuff like this has already happened. Best Buy had to recall tons of Dynex (their private brand) digital picture frames that had viruses pre-loaded onto them from a Chinese factory. Countries all over the world are funding espionage like crazy.

A comedian (I forget who) made a joke saying to be wary if German and Japanese automakers merge. "Where have we seen these two countries together before? During rush hour one day, all cars stall and all doors automatically lock. Then they invade without a single gunshot." (paraphrased)
  • It may be a joke right now but modern warfare is likely to include similar technical attacks. The dod forbade use of usb drives after virii was found in new usb drives, it was found after the dod systems had been infected. I bought an hp 4g usb drive recently and i can't change the format to ntfs, for some reason it is stuck on fat32. This makes me very suspicious in and of itself, so I suppose I'll have to use some form of nix to format it the way I want to.

By the way, the best hackers are usualy emplyed by governments (after getting caught of course), and China has the largest cyberwarfare unit in the world.
  • Anyone remember when the former administration got into a pissing contest with China over the "delayed" release of the plane and aircrew. When the former Prez demanded an immediate release and they told him no ... I knew our military supremacy was over-rated.

http://www.military.com/Content/MoreContent?file=FL_chronology_040901