Recruit New Blood!

We're enjoying a small rebirth here, and I should hate to think old Tribes players and the Halo generation will miss out on joining it. Some of us have been playing for ten years and aren't bored yet, others are rejoining after assuming the game was dead and gone. I think it is prudent we recruit as many good gamers as we can and bring back all our old friends. Linking back to this site in your forum signatures, singing praises on IRC channels, or just grabbing your offspring and wives and putting them at the keyboard all can help spread the word this game is alive and kicking.

Listed above is a place to track how many people are being recruited; post your successes. I grabbed a guy called Turgid off an IRC and ran him through the basics of skiing yesterday. Don't forget that the learning curve is steep for skiing and dueling, so give them a personal lesson if at all possible.

It is in the interest of all to increase the player base as it means more players, more games, more servers and more game types. To insist on only retaining the veterans means less players, fewer games, and a quicker return of Tribes to entropy.

I should hope nobody wants that.

Comments