UE c0000095 @ 0042d8ae

Ok, so I start up the game through the Tribes 2 Online.exe shortcut, click Create New Account, go through the mouse wiggling, and after the 10 second wiggle it starts to lag pretty bad. When I finally get my mouse to the Generate Key button and click it, the game just freezes.

Secondly, if I click Create New Account, then bring up the Task Manager and close out the 'rubyintersect.dll' file, then go back to the game, I can go through it all with no lag and no problems. UNTIL. I put in the username and password I want to register with. As soon as I enter a username, password, and confirmation password and click Finish, I get:

Unhandled Exception: c0000095
at address: 0042d8ae

I have no idea what these numbers and letter mean, all I know is that either way, I can't even get through the Account Creation process. It either lags and then freezes at Step 2, or works fine but gives me the UE at step 3.

Comments

• edited February 2009
    If you kill "rubyintersect.dll" while in-game, you will inevitably give yourself a UE when it requires something from that DLL. Don't do it unless the process is lingering after the game closes.

Also, see this FAQ.
  • edited March 2009
    Thank you for the reply. I referred to the FAQ link you posted, and I have another question. When it does freeze, I can see that the "Generate Code" button has switched to saying "Code Generated", and the 'next' button being highlighted for clicking as if all is done and I can move on to the next step. But the thing telling me that the code is being generated and to not exit the game is still there, and it's still frozen. I can't move the cursor or anything. If I wait long enough, will it indeed go away and let me continue on? Because between the lag after moving my mouse around the box, coupled with the screen freezing, really just seems like it's locked up until I alt+ctrl+del it. :-\

For now I'll just go through it again and try leaving it up for a while and see what happens.

Nevermind, it worked after a couple minutes of waiting =) Thank you again for the reply, GREATLY appreciated! I haven't played Tribes 2 since I lost the case for the copy I had years ago and couldn't reinstall T_T One of my favorite games ever..can't wait to get back in there and make some mofo's cry "SHAZBOT!", bahaha! *tears of joy*

You guys are seriously the best.