Universal Bot Randomizer v1.1

edited April 2009 in Mods and Customization
Tired of the old bot-sounding bots? Ever wonder what happened to female bots? Lets even the odds a bit.

These bots will spawn as Male, Female, Bioderm, and for that nostalgic feeling, Bot. Their voices will match respectively. However, the thing that really sets them apart is the Bot Name Generator.

With sample names such as:
Morax the Mind-Taker, Widowmaker Sorrow of Steel, Neon Blossom Stryker, Dr. Bluefang the Cannon, Violent Ribshatter, Chainbreaker, Terrapin the Honored, Khan the Proctologist, Horrible Blood Drinker Jenkins, Devourer Glitter, Plagued Durakh Zon, Deep One Liverthief the Slayer

Interested? Drop this file into your scripts folder (base/scripts) and boom. Instant ownage bots. Compatible with all mods as well.

Updated: v1.1 released, fixes the following:
[#] Duplicate Bot names
[#] More variety to choose from naming pool

Comments

• cool thanks
  • cool! snatching it.

Any chance we can mix this with Laggs bot scripting?
    ( DANGER! Novice detected!.. procede with caution if answering with any complicated explinations or guides)

Basterni
  • I haven't been able to get his scripting working for me personally, but this doesn't alter any AI-critical functions so I'd imagine so.
  • I've had some fun with it tonight ;p

Renamed a bunch of the names and titles.. made for some amusing combinations.
  • LINK IS BROKEN!
  • LINK IS BROKEN!
    It's an attachment, so it's on the website. Also, how do you get your bots to pilot or work outside of your maps? I can't seem to get a working implementation going, because I have a few projects which could use flying bots.
  • LINK IS BROKEN!
    It's an attachment, so it's on the website. Also, how do you get your bots to pilot or work outside of your maps? I can't seem to get a working implementation going, because I have a few projects which could use flying bots.

What do you mean you could not get it working? Did you read my .cs files? I put

//notes all over the place - :)

It is a bit complicated but if you study the scripts and the BASE ai scripts you can figure it out. When the map loads it calls to load my ai scripts and then call the first function in my scripts that gets the ball rolling. You have to edit the AIOObjectives in the map with all the new stuffs. The BOTS only do exaclty what you tell them to. Everything needs an AIOObjective in the mission file.
  • put this on my instagib server the other night works very well, thanks!
  • I was not aware that AIObjectives needed modding, that may explain a lot. I will look into this, thanks.
  • Updated: v1.1 released, fixes the following:
    [#] Duplicate Bot names
    [#] More variety to choose from naming pool