PJ's All In One Script Site Moving

Just wanted to let everyone know that my old PJ All In One Script Site is moving to a new server and the URL is changing.

The old http://hope.oznet.com/pjsite link will be going away in about a week.

I have set that link up to redirect to the new URL so everyone should bookmark it instead.

The new url is

http://tribes.aatraders.com

Comments

• PJ I don't think you got the memo, but trash should be disposed of in the garbage, rather than being spread around.
  • Maybe he confused that website with the garbage.
  • Holy crap, it's Panama Jack.
  • ALL HAIL PANAMA JACK ;D
  • Eh, there are still people who like it. The files still get a couple downloads a week. It doesn't cost me anything to keep the site up for those that still like the enhancements. :)

If you enjoy them then great...

If you don't then MEH... :)
  • Eh, there are still people who like it. The files still get a couple downloads a week. It doesn't cost me anything to keep the site up for those that still like the enhancements. :)

I still run a few of the mods. Really just SuperStats and some of the kill count while in-server ones.

But, good to see that you are back.

Kudos for your logical and mature response, but that dog don't hunt here. Don't you know you're supposed to fully engage with the trolls and bring all the e-rage you can summon?

;)

Thank you for all the years I used your scripts.

All my best to you Panama Jack.
    I loved using your creations... :)
  • PJ I don't think you got the memo, but trash should be disposed of in the garbage, rather than being spread around.

Someone who never played Tribes back in the day or knew how to properly use PJs scripts , lol.
    Welcome back Panama Jack . I used a number of your scripts and then just the super script when Tribes 2 was the rage.
  • I used a number of your scripts and then just the super script when Tribes 2 was the rage.
    Blasphemer, Tribes 2 is the rage!

And while I may not agree with PJ's coding practices, it is nice to see that his scripts are still around...
    Some were quite handy.

Someone who never played Tribes back in the day or knew how to properly use PJs scripts , lol.
    Welcome back Panama Jack . I used a number of your scripts and then just the super script when Tribes 2 was the rage.

You're actually pretty clueless if you don't know who ZProtoss is. In fact, it pretty much proves that you are the one who didn't really play back in the day.

You're actually pretty clueless if you don't know who ZProtoss is. In fact, it pretty much proves that you are the one who didn't really play back in the day.

LOL,I've been playing Tribes in all its incarnations since 1998 . With as many scripters as there were and are, and as wide spread as the game is , is it any wonder I may have missed one or a dozen. Some I may have tried, but found useless, not user friendly or just plain garbage . PJs scripts were used pretty much exclusively in our guild , so I give props to the man.
    Settle down Kryand, wow ! LOL !
  • Hello PJ.

I used to use your scripts but now I play pretty much scriptless cept for a few key ones.... like change fov and auto-taunt :)

Welcome back!
  • welcome back and auto taunt for the win LOL.
  • pj scripts are considered malware
  • And while I may not agree with PJ's coding practices, it is nice to see that his scripts are still around...
    Some were quite handy.

Please, elaborate, as I'd like to know (I'm not a scripter) about the different coding practices and how they work or don't work... A simple explaination will surfice. I mean like, does he code while drinking? Doesn't do proper finger push-ups before hitting the keyboard. What?
    ;D
  • blazzingroach, you don't know what you've done.
  • And while I may not agree with PJ's coding practices, it is nice to see that his scripts are still around...
    Some were quite handy.

Please, elaborate, as I'd like to know (I'm not a scripter) about the different coding practices and how they work or don't work... A simple explaination will surfice. I mean like, does he code while drinking? Doesn't do proper finger push-ups before hitting the keyboard. What?
    ;D
    PJ's scripts use a single package and a lot of callbacks (functions) to handle settings, intercepting data, etc...
    Other scripts (i.e. Halides) use a package per script to wrap their code and integrate into the functions they need/want.

Both ways have their merits, and downfalls...
    The function-centric method PJ uses tends to cause issues when hosting a server, whereas the package-centric method can cause interference between scripts (one returns, breaks everything else).
    PJ's scripts are also tied into his support core, whereas others can stand alone or may require support.vl2 (depends on the scripter).
  • edited May 2009
    Well, when I made the scripts they were never designed to be used server side. They were strictly client side scripts NEVER meant to be used by someone trying to host a server at the same time.

Sure they would work but hardly recommended. Kind of like hosting a server on your home PC and playing at the same time. If your CPU and graphics card weren't up to the challenge anyone connected to your game experienced lag. Possible to do but not recommended by any stretch of the imagination. :)

My scripts tended to be well behaved when used with other scripts that followed the same coding guidelines set down by the dev team. Even heard of some people running scripts from other people that did the same things as mine at the same time and getting away with it. Says a lot for how well they integrated with the game.

I think the main reason some people hated my scripts is because I didn't adopt Writers support.VL2 script package. I would have but it was too limiting in what it offered. So I wrote a competing support package that offered more freedom. Some people thought it was blasphemy or heresy to ignore Writers. :)

It didn't bother me as I always coded for what I wanted in the game, what would help me play better and enhance my enjoyment of the game. I offered it for others to enjoy. The fact many players did enjoy it was great and made me happy. The fact some people hated it and went on a crusade against it was disappointing.

You can't please everyone and no one should try because it is impossible. So I did what I wanted to make myself happy and that others received some enjoyment from it was enough.
  • pananma jack you are a bad scripter and a bad person please stop hurting tribes it has never done anything to you
  • pananma jack you are a bad scripter and a bad person please stop hurting tribes it has never done anything to you

lol?...yes , definitely a lol. =)
    rofl, but he does have a way with GUI's...
  • Nice to hear form you again Panama. Wheres the fez?
  • Guys, shut up and just leave him alone. He made a great scripts for many, so shut up.
  • yeh sut up u
  • Thanks PJ, I used to use your all in 1 scripts back in the day, but now I'm cool with just a few various other ones.
  • Here was me thinking Thrax had killed PJ for good...
  • hey pj sorry about my harsh words here is some new space for your scripts

picture1ph.png