Tribes 2 Scandal: 32 slots??

There's a vicious rumor that a possible 32-slot Goonhaven server running Classic with client-side maps may be going up.

Outraged, sources confirm a discussion is now taking place on the subject. At least three people in the community are completely against this!

Don't be hurt later, be heard now! :P~
http://goonhaven.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=603

I love the idea and hope the server does well.

Comments

• I started this vicious rumor!
  • they should just shut down the 64 and make two 32's :)
  • they should just shut down the 64 and make two 32's :)

NO!
  • Yes,

And make them BASE.
  • Yes,

And make them BASE.

Do you REALLY want to open that can of worms?
  • Yes,

And make them BASE.

they should make it base :)
  • Yes,

And make them BASE.

YES!
  • Yes,

And make them BASE.

Yes,

And convert them to BASE.
  • You're all pre-banned from the server. Wooohooo!!
  • You're all pre-banned from the server. Wooohooo!!

vgw
  • No respectable person has played base since Classic was released.

You might even make some argument regarding base++...I dunno.

Being respectable is fucking boring and over rated.

Unless they're playing alone with bots, although I suppose that would still fall under "no respectable person".
  • yeah I will have to disagree and some of these so called respectable people are not so respectable themselves the all knowing script kiddies come to mind.
  • I would like that 1classic ,1 base ,less lagg for me
    YES THIS.
  • Base is still good for Arena. Other than that, only newbs like it, and who gives a shit what newbs want. They'll play whatever because they don't understand anything about the game anyway.

Overrated is one word.
    No respectable person has played base since Classic was released.

Unless they're playing alone with bots, although I suppose that would still fall under "no respectable person".
    You are becoming more and more intelligent everyday.
    (Also, 'respectable bots' play Classic)
    yeah I will have to disagree and some of these so called respectable people are not so respectable themselves the all knowing script kiddies come to mind.
    You mean like admins with perma-cloak and such? I thought that was only a BaseV thing.

Overrated is one word.
    No respectable person has played base since Classic was released.

You are becoming more and more intelligent everyday.
    (Also, 'respectable bots' play Classic)
    yeah I will have to disagree and some of these so called respectable people are not so respectable themselves the all knowing script kiddies come to mind.
    You mean like admins with perma-cloak and such? I thought that was only a BaseV thing.
    I am sorry teratos you are correct If I have ever learned anything from you and your so called wisdom it is you know all about being overrated.Ya know its spelling and meaning.

What I meant about the script kiddies is those who use such things as interpolate and such they know who they are.
  • Just how highly do base llamas rate me?

I'm honored that they are overrating me. It's good for base llamas to look up to the elite players.
  • edited September 2009
    Just how highly do base llamas rate me?

I'm honored that they are overrating me. It's good for base llamas to look up to the elite players.
    Websters gives the definition as such.

* Pronunciation: \ˈō-vər-ˌrāt\
    * Function: transitive verb
    * Date: 1610

: to rate, value, or estimate too highly

Yes that does describe you perfectly teratos.If you consider yourself one of the elite players which I hope you dont the base players have been looking down on you for years.

The question should be and what you need to ask yourself teratos is how much you overrate yourself ?
  • Please. Please. Let this one thread not turn into a flame war. Drop it or take it elsewhere.
  • sorry I just made a suggestion at first.Somebody else tried to turn it into the stupid never ending base VS classic crap.After all it is up to you its your server you can do what you like with it.