Inserting source code with out having the source code

edited September 2009 in General Discussion
I'm trying to figure how to add source code to starsiege2845 . Does any one know if there is a program or something I can shortcut to run with ss2845 that I can add source code to and be able to run scripts off of it with the scripts in the game .

Comments

• What part of "Stop working on SS2845 without permission" don't you get?
    SS2845 is free to download and play and mess with or add to
    Not true. As per the agreement with VUG, the tech demo was removed from all known mirrors at the time the project was scrapped. Hosting the file goes against the agreement, and if VUG (or whoever owns them now) or any member of the SS2845 team so wishes they can and will force you to stop.

As another note, injection of unauthorised code into the SS2845 binary (in any fashion) goes against the EULA. Do so and I will personally issue you a C&D.
  • 4. I'm not wanting to reverse-engineer any thing (adding to)

Reverse-engineering it would have actually been the smart thing to do if you wanted to work on it.

At least then, it isn't the original source code you are using in your version and, therefore, they would not be able to lay a finger on you.

Unfortunately, as you are adding to their project, you are running into VERY thin legal grounds...grounds you will probably lose on.
    SS2845 is free to download and play and mess with or add to
    Not true. As per the agreement with VUG, the tech demo was removed from all known mirrors at the time the project was scrapped. Hosting the file goes against the agreement, and if VUG (or whoever owns them now) or any member of the SS2845 team so wishes they can and will force you to stop.

As another note, injection of unauthorised code into the SS2845 binary (in any fashion) goes against the EULA. Do so and I will personally issue you a C&D.
    he'll ****ing do it man. he once shut down a project because there were no linux programmers around... and some asshole looked at him the wrong way
  • If you need to ask how to modify a program like that, you do not have the technical proficiency to actually do it.
  • If you need to ask how to modify a program like that, you do not have the technical proficiency to actually do it.
    lol.

EDIT: Congrats on ur 400th post Thyth :P
  • If you don't have any thing good to say please stay off my forum . thank you

Your forum? I'm surprised you can even spell forum. Look, aside from the fact that you and Defender's misguided work on SS2845 is hilarious, I'm trying to save you a legal battle. On top of that, neither of you have any skill whatsoever in creating the content and code required to continue or "fix" SS2845. You even asked me to help you fix it, why would I do that? I refuse to help people who steal code or don't have enough sense to help themselves to learn how to code on their own.

Your forum? I'm surprised you can even spell forum. Look, aside from the fact that you and Defender's misguided work on SS2845 is hilarious, I'm trying to save you a legal battle. On top of that, neither of you have any skill whatsoever in creating the content and code required to continue or "fix" SS2845. You even asked me to help you fix it, why would I do that? I refuse to help people who steal code or don't have enough sense to help themselves to learn how to code on their own.

Keen, can you help me code a new version of Meltdown 2? :) jk lol
    But Keen and Thyth do have a point. How do you expect to work on it if you don't really know what your doing (in result of you asking for help).
    If I wanted to see a new version of something, I'd try to locate the creator(s) and ask them to put something in or ask the community if it's a good idea to start it in the first place (which isn't looking so good).

Not to start a flame war or anything...

I am bored, and decided to code in some basic deployables to run on Hybrids SS2845 test server. I could care less about people calling it misguided work.
  • and the all caps yelling starts.... *leaves topic with disgust*

Keen, can you help me code a new version of Meltdown 2? :) jk lol
    But Keen and Thyth do have a point. How do you expect to work on it if you don't really know what your doing (in result of you asking for help).
    If I wanted to see a new version of something, I'd try to locate the creator(s) and ask them to put something in or ask the community if it's a good idea to start it in the first place (which isn't looking so good).

Not to start a flame war or anything...

Keen, has coded so many versions of MD2. I think he is on crack..
  • Keen, has coded so many versions of MD2. I think he is on crack..

You mean you've used that stolen Meltdown 2 in your hundreds of clones (that you conveniently list in your signature). I submit therefore that you are on crack. I don't have to use a spellchecker for my posts.
  • To avoid the inevitable snark fest, to which I could contribute significantly, thread locked.

When HybridSin learns the basics of software programming, and actually has an ice cube's chance in hell of accomplishing what he wants in his initial question, this topic can be revisited.
This discussion has been closed.