Base is better

How about instead of all these stupid mods, we start a base ctf.
Instead of everyone whoring cg and mortars to get kills. When you actually
needed teamwork to get the flag or destroy a base. Instead of a 3 sec cap where
you dont even need to jet. We get back to where people made crazy flag passes,
amazing shots, and not dieing right when you spawn for some noob randomly
firing mortars into the air. Where positions mattered to win the game. And
the so called best players got owned because unlike classic, you need to know
how to hit MAs.

Comments

• Everyone does what he likes,you don't get paid for capping .
    first off, that makes no sense

second, jeemy i couldnt agree more! im tiered of all this classic bullshit, its ruining tribes2 wether you see it or not.. there's a lot of vet's that would come back if there was at least 1 good active base server. That way the classic noobs can play classic in noob haven, and the vets can play in a good base server. this would fix t2 for sure.
  • i accidentally the whole base community :
  • How about instead of all these stupid mods, we start a base ctf.
    Instead of everyone whoring cg and mortars to get kills. When you actually needed teamwork to get the flag or destroy a base.
    So you want the offense to have to use teamwork, but not the defense? Because unless you were really terrible at Base, you know that all the defense had to do to stop every single cap attempt is have one player alive with a ELF gun or laser rifle. In Classic, both the offense and the defense have to work to get their job done, unless the other team is really bad. In Classic, if a team's defense sucks, then the other team's offense will rape them. In Base, if a team's defense sucks, then the other team's offense still has to do lot of tedious work to overcome them. So, crappy players like you who can't play defense will prefer Base, because you don't get punished as much for being bad at the game.
    Instead of a 3 sec cap where you dont even need to jet.
    Post a demo of you doing this or shut up.
    We get back to where people made crazy flag passes, amazing shots,
    You can do this in classic, it just takes more skill. And it's just as pointless as it was in Base.
    and not dieing right when you spawn for some noob randomly firing mortars into the air.
    Classic has a spawn invincibility of 5 seconds. You literally can't die when you spawn. Get your facts straight.
    Where positions mattered to win the game.
    Yeah ok, why don't you play in a Classic pickup where one team assigns positions, and the other team has better players but tells them to do whatever they want. Let me know how it turns out. ::)
    Since you're not experienced enough to do this, let me spoil it for you: the team with a strategy wins.
    And the so called best players got owned
    I guess you guys are too new to remember the last 6 times that the Base players started talking shit, and some random Classic team utterly raped the shit out of them on their own playing field.
    because unlike classic, you need to know how to hit MAs.
    You don't need to know how to hit MAs in Base either, newb. This proves that you are bad. Even the best Base players from back in the day will tell you that going for MAs is really stupid and counter-productive.
    first off, that makes no sense

second, jeemy i couldnt agree more! im tiered of all this classic bullshit, its ruining tribes2 wether you see it or not.. there's a lot of vet's that would come back if there was at least 1 good active base server. That way the classic noobs can play classic in noob haven, and the vets can play in a good base server. this would fix t2 for sure.
    There is a Base server. It's dead. ::)

If you prefer Base, that's cool more power to you. But trying to argue that it's better and everyone should prefer it means that you are a terrible player with no understanding of the game. Why don't you play Base Arena, it's popular. Oh yeah, because you are so bad at Base that you can't do anything but cry cheats when you get owned.

QED
  • i would sooner quit tribes 2 than play base ctf ever again
  • dhat.png

All game types suck. Base sucks. Classic sucks. All players suck. All servers suck. All maps suck. But some suck more than others.
    Trying to proclaim one [anything] to be the best is going to be met with fierce resistance from the old guard of players. Can we please get over it?

Apologies to VGCats for the image and alt.sysadmin.recovery for the play on "all hardware sucks, all software sucks".
  • i accidentally the whole base community :<
  • lol kryand you seriously make me crack up, im almost in tears laughing so hard at your post. heres a guy who literrally has NO LIFE lmfao. thanks for the chucks cry cry..

and for the rest of you fukin lighten up for gods sake, you guys get so offended its rediculous. and for the record i suck at spelling.
  • Oh no someone just owned the shit out of you, and you're too dumb to come up with a reasonable response... quick, accuse him of being too serious and pretend to laugh it off. Remember kids, anyone smarter and better at typing than you doesn't have a life!
  • Well now I see why kryand gets all defensive whenever I mention my preference for base. Seriously guys spouting off like that is what gives folks who like base a bad name.

I will refrain from saying what I really want to say here because all it will really do is start a flame war. Though I will say to deny that classic requires skill only goes to show your lack of it.
  • wild your such a hypocrite, you say oh im not guna start a flame war but you instigate it at the end of your post. uhg. and kryand i honestly meant what i said in my last post, i dont need to defend myself to you. Honestly man your either going to become a lonely forum troll or a really good lawyer. lol
  • ummm actually no. I made a very simple and true statement....far from what I wanted to say which would of infact started a flame war.
  • dhat.png

Seriously guys... this debate is pointless.
  • Some like it soft,slow and easy . Some like it hard,fast and rough . If you have 2 playmates over for the night each of the other above . I would first play base then step over to classic . I like both styles . We are lucky to have a Tribesnext master server lol with out that we could all be little smurfs wondering why 3 kryands are chasing and whoring you with over powered chain guns in classic .
  • someone stick a fork in this thread..
  • seriosuly

how one can go back to base after skiing in classic is beyond me
  • I find the mine/grenade spamming in classic lame, but overall it seems more fast paced.
  • someone stick a fork in this thread..
    As you wish.
    fork.jpg

Totally Agree with Shizuka on this thread.
  • Stick a fork in it! Its done!
This discussion has been closed.