How far do you want to go in Tribes 2?

This is entirely directed towards those of you who enjoy playing on the Goon Haven server, but would like to venture out beyond the world of public gameplay. Seeing as how this game has been out for nearly a decade, I would like to invite each and everyone of you to take Tribes 2 to the next level. If you have any interest in competing or playing with and against other skilled players, please do yourself a favor and take the following necessary steps to get yourself involved in the competition aspect of the game.

As much fun as pubbing on Goon Haven is or any other public server for that matter, I can assure you that joining a 7 man competition team will increase your skill and knowledge of Tribes 2 immensely. Not only will you learn basic fundamentals of teamwork and aim, you will learn how to win the game of Capture the Flag.

Have you ever been playing in Goon Haven and come across a player or two that's just always in the right place at the right time? A player that whenever you go out to duel just kills you instantly? Most of the players that fit into these catagories play Tribes 2 competitively.

If this post sparks any interest in you please use the following information to get involved:

TWL Tribes 2 Competition forums: http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/forum ... ?ForumID=4
TWL Tribes 2 7 man ladder: http://www.teamwarfare.com/viewladder.a ... lassic+CTF
And lastly, you will want to download the mIRC chat client: http://www.mirc.com/get.html
You can either make a thread in the forums explaining that you are either a new or returning Tribes 2 competition player looking for a team, or you can join the mIRC competition channel #lastgasp located on the mIRC server irc.tribalwar.com.

If you think you aren't good enough or don't have the necessary skill to compete, you are wrong. The TWL league doesn't have any skill requirements or prerequisites, everyone is welcome. And lastly, you may find some of the veterans to be angry individuals, but don't take that as a sign to quit. They are there to help you improve.

Comments

• That really isn't true. There are teams like bottlecap that were founded for the specific purpose of teaching newer/less experienced players. If you ask nicely and aren't rude about it, I think you would be surprised at how many people would be willing to help you.
  • Heres my old team:
    quote]
    If you ask nicely and aren't rude about it, I think you would be surprised at how many people would be willing to help you.
    None apparently. Thats TWL in a nutshell.
  • twl T2 ctf comp is dead pull the plug what are there what 10 teams left in the ctf division? and four of those dont even have a 7 man team.It is a sad fact but it is mostly due to some players I dont need to name names they know who they are.You know the ones that talk a lot of trash and think they know it all.I dont see anything changing in its future
  • edited January 2010
    Bullshit ,if you are not good (i suck) no one will take you and you won't actually do a difference
    So, which teams/players did you ask?

Malan's new team is actively looking for new players and I believe there's a fair bit of leeway there, and e2 could use a bunch of more hands to fill thier roster. Bottlecap might have a slot open come this weekend. And if you feel you're really hot shit, make a thread on TWL or join #lastgasp on tribalwar IRC & post some demos for review. Who knows, someone might pick you up.
    twl T2 ctf comp is dead pull the plug what are there what 10 teams left in the ctf division?
    Dude, it ain't over till it's over. The ladder has actually seen a nice resurge of activity come this January.
    None apparently. Thats TWL in a nutshell.
    I have never seen you do anything else than insult people on TWL, drum your ego like a retarded monkey, and always fail to deliver any sort of proof when called on.

So yeah, no surprises there if you have "problems" with that crowd.
  • twl T2 ctf comp is dead pull the plug what are there what 10 teams left in the ctf division? and four of those dont even have a 7 man team.It is a sad fact but it is mostly due to some players I dont need to name names they know who they are.You know the ones that talk a lot of trash and think they know it all.I dont see anything changing in its future

look man dont take what he had to say up the butt alright? He's actually taking initiative trying to get the comp aspect of the game back. Ya it might be dead but with some help we could make this happen. And i've already got my team informed about this and looking forward to some good matches.
  • I thought it WAS completely dead. Maybe I'll have to shake some of the rust off and try out or something.
    It's only dead because this game has too many people like you. If only we could get rid of you and everyone like you, and replace you all with people actually willing to bring a spark of life back to the game. We'd be all set.
  • So heres a nice story of us euros

Europe doesnt work like a whole community, but we would probably have the amount of players like you guys have. In theory

We were splitted in basically two parts - base and cluster (LT or something for you?)
    Well. The logic conclusion would be to play classic. Nah, not to us
    So the last years we had some impulses to have enough players for some PUs, and even 1 tournament on each one of those activity waves
    Thats how we humans work - you not being influenced by T2, and after a long time you get the urge to just play again. You do. And then many people leave again
    Even some of the more optimistic people began with "Lol T2 is dead lol"
    Then youre just idling in Irc with nothing happening. Some vets sometimes jump in "PU?"
    They get no answer and leave after 2 minutes
    So, lets do the math - if those people were to stay. If those pessimists tried
    What do you have? You have a working community
    But it seems that would be way too easy

Instead, lets play all those new, awesome and cool games due to our weak will and repeat those words: "This will never be as fun as T2, but T2 is dead"

Now look at the theoretical potential. Now think about it and imagine what could be.
    Now face palm.
  • We are trying like hell to revive a little life back into the ctf comp. Team NME- is also always looking for new players . We are doing as much as we can, and yes we understand RL has a tendency to get in the way even when you dont want it to. But we are here for the long haul. Hell we even have a little E fight going on with mals team. Its tense but it keeps the community alive and everyone gets somthing new to talk about. If your intrested in joining NME- stop by our server or irc channel irc.tribalwar.com port 6667 channel #NME- hope to see some of you until then gg's.
    It's only dead because this game has too many people like you. If only we could get rid of you and everyone like you, and replace you all with people actually willing to bring a spark of life back to the game. We'd be all set.
    LMAO bait =hook =fish

Read carefully people I said that CTF is dead not the game,In fact there are many other divisions on TWL that have more people playing but thats like arena and such.I am glad that you wanna get things going again good luck to ya.I fear with people such as the above at the top it will never happen.LOL Stack and Hack how quaint name says it all.Why dont you boys do something for the league you got enough people for two teams split up and add another team to the division.
  • It's only dead because this game has too many people like you. If only we could get rid of you and everyone like you, and replace you all with people actually willing to bring a spark of life back to the game. We'd be all set.
    Competition is dead because of the general attitude towards "stupid fucking newbies who have no concept of how to play the game after 8 years of playing. where the fuck do these stupid fucking newbs come from, god damn those people shouldn't be allowed to play the fucking game, HOLY SHIT THOSE GUYS GOT OWNED, especially those newbs, stupid fat bitches"

Sound familiar?

I'm pretty sure that last part was all Nevares, before TribesNext and after.

In other words, you guys will have to redeem your reputation earn the respect of the public if you want anyone to listen to the people who chronically disrupt their fun, rip Goon Haven apart and completely make a fool of the less skilled players to "care about going further in their Tribes 2 career."

Merging the community and integrating competition into the mainstream is actually an exceedingly simple task. But as long as team Stack and Hack exists, that'll never happen.
  • well hopefully some people want to go farther than nev (aka not getting banned for cheating lolll)
  • I have never seen you do anything else than insult people on TWL, drum your ego like a retarded monkey, and always fail to deliver any sort of proof when called on.

So yeah, no surprises there if you have "problems" with that crowd.
    Thats exactly what you just did.
    I think I speak for everyone when i say: Coming from you? :-*
  • LMAO bait =hook =fish

Read carefully people I said that CTF is dead not the game,In fact there are many other divisions on TWL that have more people playing but thats like arena and such.I am glad that you wanna get things going again good luck to ya.I fear with people such as the above at the top it will never happen.LOL Stack and Hack how quaint name says it all.Why dont you boys do something for the league you got enough people for two teams split up and add another team to the division.
    Stop pretending like you know anything about TWL and the activity of the teams on it. What I said is exactly correct. With people like you who shit on every attempt to ignite a spark of competition in the game, and spread false rumors about what competing is like (when you have no idea), it's no wonder that there's so much resistance to teams forming on the ladder.
    Competition is dead because of the general attitude towards "stupid fucking newbies who have no concept of how to play the game after 8 years of playing. where the fuck do these stupid fucking newbs come from, god damn those people shouldn't be allowed to play the fucking game, HOLY SHIT THOSE GUYS GOT OWNED, especially those newbs, stupid fat bitches"

Sound familiar?

I'm pretty sure that last part was all Nevares, before TribesNext and after.
    Only the first sentence fragment sounds like something I've said, and as you can clearly see, it was directed at people "after 8 years of playing". So many people claim to have played since the game came out even though they are terrible. Those people are either lying, or they need a very hard kick in the ass. They either have no interest in the game, or refuse to believe that they are doing something wrong and everyone who beats them must be cheating or something. Either way, their presence is not helpful. See: blindkilla, Demoncard.

I'll let Nevares address the rest, because I agree with you that relentless and indiscriminate flaming of all lesser-skilled players is retarded.
    In other words, you guys will have to redeem your reputation earn the respect of the public if you want anyone to listen to the people who chronically disrupt their fun, rip Goon Haven apart and completely make a fool of the less skilled players to "care about going further in their Tribes 2 career."

Merging the community and integrating competition into the mainstream is actually an exceedingly simple task. But as long as team Stack and Hack exists, that'll never happen.
    You are making the common mistake of thinking Goon Haven reflects competition. The way some people act in Goon Haven is nothing like how they act on TWL/during matches. There's only 2-3 people who even act like that on that server, ever. And guys like you respond by telling everyone it's "those TWL players". Sorry, but 2-3 people don't even reflect the majority of a single team, let alone the whole TWL population. Their actions might cause harm, but guys like you who propagate the misconception that all TWL players are like that are doing way more harm than anyone else.

And blaming Stack and Hack for your refusal to play competition is hilarious and pathetic. You don't have to play against us if you don't want to. That's kinda the whole point of having a ladder instead of a league. If every Tribes 2 player joined TWL and formed teams, there would easily be enough inexperienced teams that they could all play against each other and never have to deal with all the things you complain about.
  • lol man I know more about CTF comp than you will ever know krymore.I played back when It started when there was 12 man and 7 man divisions and between 30 and 40 teams in TWL and base and classic divisions but that really isnt what I am talking about.be proud of yourself your on the number one team in a dying division that you yourself are killing congrats to ya ::)
    You say you wanna help the game but in turn degrade anyone that doesnt think or play the same way you do and you think this helps?

I'll let Nevares address the rest, because I agree with you that relentless and indiscriminate flaming of all lesser-skilled players is retarded. Really you should go back and look at what you say in about 90% of your posts Kryand.

Dont get me wrong not all twl players are like you there are some really good players that are good people Its just you and a few others that screw it up for the rest.I would like you see you do some good for the game.Why dont you? you guys never responded to my suggestion why dont Stack and Hack split into two teams and face each other to find out who is number one in the division.Thus adding another team and spicing things up a bit? ;D
  • 333zhi9.jpg

I approve of this thread.

You go, guys, show these unwashed masses what they can expect if they join the competition society.
  • twl T2 ctf comp is dead pull the plug what are there what 10 teams
    Well, basically, the same thing was said about tribes 2, and we managed to get something going, didn't we?
    ^^^
    You are making the common mistake of thinking Goon Haven reflects competition. The way some people act in Goon Haven is nothing like how they act on TWL/during matches. There's only 2-3 people who even act like that on that server, ever. And guys like you respond by telling everyone it's "those TWL players". Sorry, but 2-3 people don't even reflect the majority of a single team, let alone the whole TWL population. Their actions might cause harm, but guys like you who propagate the misconception that all TWL players are like that are doing way more harm than anyone else.
    The people in Goon Haven don't know that it's only 2-3 people doing it and that TWL players don't act like that in matches. As far as they know, that's how all of you act all of the time. It's a shame, but it's true.
  • Their actions might cause harm, but guys like you who propagate the misconception that all TWL players are like that are doing way more harm than anyone else.
    I never once claimed the entire TWL community to grief. It's people who make such assumptions AND continue to grief to this day who do the damage to TWL themselves. Proj, Nevares, kmz, Gendo, CPM, Meyog are a few I've personally witnessed in-game back in the day, All Eyes sometimes, even Codeman griefed, and there's bound to be others who only smurfs (e.g. Kambul?).
    And blaming Stack and Hack for your refusal to play competition is hilarious and pathetic.
    By Stack and Hack I'm referring to the mentality of team-stacking on Goon Haven, trash talking and relentless griefing i.e. completely ruin the fun for everyone else, which is the true meaning behind that team name, no?

stack%20and%20hack.jpg

There's no excuse for what you guys have done and continue to do.

And you expect people to "learn how to play the game" from you?
    I don't say it's impossible, but you guys have a long way to go.

Btw Shizuka... just, stop posting. It's sad to see what I once considered to have extreme potential to degenerate into what it is you've become.
  • Internet dramas are so lame ,you should all stop this leads to nothing .
    Your wrong sometimes it leads to change and sometimes change is a good thing young grasshopper.
  • T2 has competition?
  • I never once claimed the entire TWL community to grief. It's people who make such assumptions AND continue to grief to this day who do the damage to TWL themselves. Proj, Nevares, kmz, Gendo, CPM, Meyog are a few I've personally witnessed in-game back in the day, All Eyes sometimes, even Codeman griefed, and there's bound to be others who only smurfs (e.g. Kambul?).
    Multiple times when players in the server complain about team stacking, they refer to the stackers as "TWL guys/players", and I'm sure one of your smurf names was among the people saying that. But either way, you are indirectly saying it right now anyway. By criticizing TWL using only a handful of players as your example. Saying competition is dead because of an attitude that only a few players have. Maybe back in the day, TWL was a more hostile place. But now it's a more friendly place than TribesNext forums.
    By Stack and Hack I'm referring to the mentality of team-stacking on Goon Haven, trash talking and relentless griefing i.e. completely ruin the fun for everyone else, which is the true meaning behind that team name, no?

There's no excuse for what you guys have done and continue to do.
    The true meaning behind the name is a joke. Some terrible newb decided to complain about getting beat, and said something really funny. We liked it so much that we used it as a team name. And as I said, the trash-talking is only 3 people. The griefing is 1 person. And the stacking does not harm the server. You can pretend it does, but both the statistics and the analysis of statistics show that it does not.
    And you expect people to "learn how to play the game" from you?
    I don't say it's impossible, but you guys have a long way to go.
    We don't need to "go" anywhere. People can make a choice: learn from the best, or don't. If they are going to choose to go it alone based on the jovial actions of a couple people, then they probably don't have the mindset to learn the game anyway. It's 2-3 people joking around for Christ's sake.
  • edited January 2010
    And as I said, the trash-talking is only 3 people.
    Riiiiiiiight.
    The griefing is 1 person.
    Riiiiiiiight.
    It's 2-3 people joking around for Christ's sake.
    Riiiiiiiight.

By the way, have you got ZP and Milly to duel yet? Why don't you actually walk your talk for once?

I know for certain it's more than 3 people. You don't need to hide it (or you're so biased towards defending the precious name that is TWL that you don't even notice how many of them grief)

i.e. Instead of saying how few of them grief, how about getting them to stop?
  • Hey look everybody!

It is another thread that Blindkilla and friends (Purest) have hijacked.

Why did they hijack it? Because they hate TWL, so they just spew hatred over and over and over...

Now think, do you want to play Tribes 2 with people that care more about teamwork than personal score, are friends with each other, and (in many cases) know each other outside of Tribes
    OR
    do you want to play with people like Blindkilla - someone that spends his days making illiterate rants against the people that still play or Purest - someone that spends its days "spying" on TWL players and lying to (non-TWL) server admins with the sole intention of causing trouble?
  • sometimes.. i feel ashamed being a part of this forum.. especially after reading all these posts.. i have nothing else to say
  • By the way, have you got ZP and Milly to duel yet? Why don't you actually walk your talk for once?
    ::) Why would I? You are the only one in the entire community who knows of ZP (or do you?) and doesn't already know with 100% certainty how that would turn out. I'd say that makes it your responsibility to set up the duel. Get off your ass and do some research, or shut the hell up. Or keep talking if you'd like, because we sure get a good laugh out of every time you try to claim that some random person you saw fly a shrike in a pub could beat the universally-agreed-upon best shriker in the game for the past 9 years.
    I know for certain it's more than 3 people. You don't need to hide it (or you're so biased towards defending the precious name that is TWL that you don't even notice how many of them grief)

i.e. Instead of saying how few of them grief, how about getting them to stop?
    Most griefers are not TWL players. Or if they do actually play on TWL, they are bad enough to be under the radar. Hardly someone whom I'd refer to as a "competition player". And in any case, what makes you think I have any power over getting them to stop?
  • Btw Shizuka... just, stop posting. It's sad to see what I once considered to have extreme potential to degenerate into what it is you've become.

I'm not sure what you were smoking that made you think I ever had potential, but I'd like some. If you'd paid attention to the undertones of my post you'd realize I'm still on your side, but I guess you're just as headstrong and blind as everyone told me you were. I'm sorry.

Some people like competition and high level play. Some people like to do their own thing in game and have fun doing it. Why do we always have to try and force people to play a certain way? Every week or more often we get a thread like this that degrades into these utterly pointless flame wars. I'm all but certain that one of these two sides (or maybe everyone) is just depressed that their beloved game isn't all it used to be, and right after this both Kryand and Purest will accuse each other of it.

You guys are all great. Both competition and pubbing have their merits. Stop soapboxing everywhere trying to prove it. God knows it makes me want to avoid Tribes forever if I'll turn out like this.

But by all means, I'll stop posting and holding my own opinion just because you tell me to.
  • Hey look everybody!

It is another thread that Blindkilla and friends (Purest) have hijacked.

Why did they hijack it? Because they hate TWL, so they just spew hatred over and over and over...

Now think, do you want to play Tribes 2 with people that care more about teamwork than personal score, are friends with each other, and (in many cases) know each other outside of Tribes
    OR
    do you want to play with people like Blindkilla - someone that spends his days making illiterate rants against the people that still play or Purest - someone that spends its days "spying" on TWL players and lying to (non-TWL) server admins with the sole intention of causing trouble?
    Dude just shut the hell up never once did I say I hate TWL please remove your head from kryands rear and smell the coffee.I actually gave them a few suggestions that might help the comp division.Like breaking up stack and hack into two teams and fighting it out to see who would be number one I still havent gotten a response to it.If there as good as they say they are I dont see what the big deal is.Kryand says I am trying to kill any spark there trying to create in twl comp I dont think so.wouldnt this ignite a spark in a stagnant division? creating another good team in a division of about 5 active ones at this time?

Again Never once did I say I hate TWL I enjoyed my time there.I do hate what it has become.I didnt try to make it some flame war and I dont name names till someone brings up mine e.g. kryand and teratos
  • edited January 2010
    Or keep talking if you'd like, because we sure get a good laugh out of every time you try to claim that some random person you saw fly a shrike in a pub could beat the Majority-agreed-upon best shriker in the game for the past 9 years.

Fixed that last bit there for ya. Though you should know that having a majority say its so isn't the end all be all. I knew plenty of shrikers that were better than ZP. Heck I'd say you in your prime of shriking was better than ZP. Don't get me wrong here I'm not saying ZP was bad...he just didn't come close to living up to the hype. Bottom line don't be so quick to dismiss someone being better....Even a pubber. I'll grant ya though that with the current state of pubs the likelyhood is smaller than back in the day.

Anyway on to a serious note. What the heck? I stop paying attention for a couple days and a 3 page thread about competition pops up? Someone give me the cliff notes or something. Btw I've read the thread I mean behind the scenes. Seems theres a lot to this thread.
  • Anyway on to serious note.
    A serious note here?
  • Dude just shut the hell up never once did I say I hate TWL please remove your head from kryands rear and smell the coffee.I actually gave them a few suggestions that might help the comp division.Like breaking up stack and hack into two teams and fighting it out to see who would be number one I still havent gotten a response to it.If there as good as they say they are I dont see what the big deal is.Kryand says I am trying to kill any spark there trying to create in twl comp I dont think so.wouldnt this ignite a spark in a stagnant division? creating another good team in a division of about 5 active ones at this time?

Again Never once did I say I hate TWL I enjoyed my time there.I do hate what it has become.I didnt try to make it some flame war and I dont name names till someone brings up mine e.g. kryand and teratos
    Oh wow what a good idea why didn't we think of that. Oh yeah, because with our current roster we barely get enough people to show for matches and scrims. I'll give you a pass though, since you obviously are a complete newb to competition and don't realize that it takes more than just 7 people on an entire roster to reliably have enough people show for 7man events.
    Fixed that last bit there for ya. Though you should know that having a majority say its so isn't the end all be all. I knew plenty of shrikers that were better than ZP. Heck I'd say you in your prime of shriking was better than ZP. Don't get me wrong here I'm not saying ZP was bad...he just didn't come close to living up to the hype. Bottom line don't be so quick to dismiss someone being better....Even a pubber. I'll grant ya though that with the current state of pubs the likelyhood is smaller than back in the day.
    I'm not talking about dogfighting; I'm talking about shriking - which means the position in CTF. No one with their head on straight ever questioned that ZP was and still is the best at making a difference with a shrike in a CTF game. Dogfighting is more pointless to judge, because once people get to a certain skill level, the fight is no longer about how good you are, but who starts shooting first.
    As far as dismissing someone else... unlike Purest, I'm not talking out of my ass here. I've seen Stun-Gun Milly shrike. He's just plain average. And with that I am talking about both shriking and dogfighting.