Comments

• Thanks for the link, copied pasted.
  • Reposting what I posted on T:U forums:
    There is only one paragraph in the entire interview that anyone needs to read if you're wondering why T:V was doomed:
    People don’t like change. You see it all the time with people who leave WoW to go play something else, and then go back to WoW. They’ve got a big investment in their characters and gear, and their friends are all there. It’s not as easy to recognize, but in the shooter market you get exactly the same thing, only people haven’t invested their time in gear and levels, but in skills. When you change things you devalue their skills, and that’s not happy time.

The designer/producer is utterly clueless enough about FPSs to believe that FPS skills are as non-transferable as levels and equipment in unrelated RPGs. That's why his FPS game was a piece of trash. Case closed.
  • That and nothing so far has been accepted as Tribes save for that wich is engined/netcoded by Darkstar/Torque.
  • Why update Tribes 2 when everything can be fixed and added to within Tribes 2? (Exception: UE)

All Tribes 2 could use is an graphics/audio overhaul for players for the new players. Although the fact that you can play Tribes 2 without a top-of-the-line computer is quite an appeal. Just copy & paste the Dynamix folder onto any computer or laptop and you're good to go.

Tribes 2 on a pocket USB drive, anywhere at anytime.

Those shiny crappy modern games can't beat that.
  • Tribes 2 on a pocket USB drive, anywhere at anytime.
    I'll have to try that....
  • (Exception: UE)
    I see what you did there. :p
  • Fuck that asshole.
    Read this question:

Question: Tribes: Vengeance garnered solid reviews. How did the fans react? I know I've heard some die-hard Tribes fans disparage Vengeance for various reasons.

Answer: People don’t like change. When you change things you devalue their skills, and that’s not happy time.

Bullshit. What makes people unhappy is you have a team of guys that never worked on any Tribes game trying to make a new Tribes game and saying it's better in it's own way and you don't even know what made Tribes a great game in the 1st place. Then you don't recognize that and instead blame it on die-hard fans.
  • Fuck that asshole.
    Read this question:

Question: Tribes: Vengeance garnered solid reviews. How did the fans react? I know I've heard some die-hard Tribes fans disparage Vengeance for various reasons.

Answer: People don’t like change. When you change things you devalue their skills, and that’s not happy time.

Bullshit. What makes people unhappy is you have a team of guys that never worked on any Tribes game trying to make a new Tribes game and saying it's better in it's own way and you don't even know what made Tribes a great game in the 1st place. Then you don't recognize that and instead blame it on die-hard fans.
    So... you killed Tribes lonesome!?!? For shame.... :P
  • Fuck that asshole.
    Read this question:

So... you killed Tribes lonesome!?!? For shame.... :P

I wouldn't say I'm a die hard fan. Never played T1. I played T2 on dialup and never did anything useful. Pretty much I would spawn a bomber, fly, and then crash into the landscape. And I never played Tribes Vengeance for the reason that I didn't have a good computer and no internet.

You can't create a game from scratch and hope it's like the other games if you never made them.
  • Bullshit. What makes people unhappy is you have a team of guys that never worked on any Tribes game trying to make a new Tribes game and saying it's better in it's own way and you don't even know what made Tribes a great game in the 1st place. Then you don't recognize that and instead blame it on die-hard fans.

:-X
    I wouldn't say I'm a die hard fan. Never played T1.

:o
    You can't create a game from scratch and hope it's like the other games if you never made them.

::)
  • Alas, so much of this is true.

So, what do you guys think will happen when Ascend comes out?
    Will it be anywhere near as big of a hit? What team is developing it anyway?
  • Alas, so much of this is true.

So, what do you guys think will happen when Ascend comes out?
    Will it be anywhere near as big of a hit? What team is developing it anyway?
    People will compare Ascend with Tribes 2, just like how people compared Tribes 2 with Tribes 1.

Some will move to the new game; others will hate it.
  • What will happen is it will be like other short downloadable games. It will have lots of activity for the first 2 or 3 months, then everyone will move one because it will either be too hard or another new game will come out. That's what happens to most Xbox Live Arcade games.
  • Well, T1 was still plenty popular when T2 came out, so it was plausible for T1 players to reject T2 and still find tons of people to play with in T1. Same goes for T2 when T:V came out. But now, all three games are basically dead, so rejecting the new one to keep playing an old one is not really an option, especially when you subtract all the current players who don't reject the new one. People will either play it, or they won't play Tribes.
  • Lol there are usualy more players playing t2 in that one evil server than all the active players in t1 combined. And there are less players in tv than t1 these days.
  • Just to update: They'll be releasing some screenies soon...