Thanks. Goodbye.

Thanks TribesNext folks, for everything. Really. I've loved this game since it came out--when I moved over from TFC. The glory years of T2 were amazing. The community generating such amazing maps! The wind down was ok, as long as there were some good servers running. (The months between Vivendi's shutdown and TN's launch were no fun.) I have enjoyed more hours of great play than I care to add up. No, really--I don't want to know.

I just had two crappy games over on Goon-- no big deal, just uneven teams and me on an off night--nothing unusual. But I realized something.

I'm done.

It's been coming on for months, but tonight I realize I'm done. No more T2 love. No more unwanted old maps voted in--no more mine disks. I'm going to sleep a little more. I'm going to use my time a bit more, um, shall I say productively. I'm going to grow up. I've already uninstalled.

TribesNext is an amazing project, and I will continue to point new people to this game, but I'm outta here. I'm not looking for a reply--just felt like writing something.

(The thank you is genuine)

[OGzr]KingPing Dave L.

Comments

• Welcome to the club!
  • I don't think he's joining the Purest club (the one where you still post on multiple Tribes forums daily with pointless or idiotic opinions telling everyone you don't play until you get banned).
  • Actually that's a pretty good point. Why the hell am I wasting my time with Tribes forums? Well, I'm out.
  • kp i know how you feel

it doesnt take too much spam to make me drop and wonder why i even try to play any more

i was just wondering to meself how it would be if tanks had epic tank battles, or shrike vs shrike rather than the typical shrike whoring and tank spam, not to mention the constant rape and ski-spam-ski

there's a reason why there is only one populated t2 server and a few dozen forum posters in all of the tribes ip games

just consider how many populated cs1.6 servers there are in comparison

that being said, i still find a decent map every once in a while
  • kp i know how you feel

it doesnt take too much spam to make me drop and wonder why i even try to play any more

i was just wondering to meself how it would be if tanks had epic tank battles, or shrike vs shrike rather than the typical shrike whoring and tank spam, not to mention the constant rape and ski-spam-ski

there's a reason why there is only one populated t2 server and a few dozen forum posters in all of the tribes ip games

just consider how many populated cs1.6 servers there are in comparison

that being said, i still find a decent map every once in a while

You are so right best post I have seen In years,
  • i was just wondering to meself how it would be if tanks had epic tank battles, or shrike vs shrike rather than the typical shrike whoring and tank spam, not to mention the constant rape and ski-spam-ski
    That's how the game was when it came out. Then it nearly died and is only still played at all as a result of the current game play. There's a reason why that is.

The real thing to wonder about is what would have happened if Dynamix was smart enough to create Classic themselves as the default Tribes 2 in 2001.
  • one less victimfor my tank :(
  • OMG squidward's tank. It'll give you nightmares
  • one less victimfor my tank :(
    3 tanks and squid's on foot
  • sounds like a perfect setup for ue
  • I still play Tribes for two reasons; the tank and the bomber. Just getting a sweet crew together working in perfect unison, for me that's what it's all about. (Squidward, I also needed to post this to get my minimum 3 posts to send PM's, lol)
  • I still play Tribes for two reasons; the tank and the bomber. Just getting a sweet crew together working in perfect unison, for me that's what it's all about. (Squidward, I also needed to post this to get my minimum 3 posts to send PM's, lol)

Dooood! Bomber rulez! pm or email me if you need a pilot, bombardier or tailgunner.

Same with tank. I can drive and paint target/defend or shoot. I just found this site. wooot!
  • ::)
    I can't lie. I reinstalled. I guess I just needed a break. I'll shut up now...

KP
  • Was quitting Tribes 2 an item on your new years resolutions?
  • Man I remember back when the server list was full of 24/7 katabatic, I can't believe I am about to say this but I wish those days were back. I can't stand going onto goon haven and having to play on some really retarded custom map while everyone is playing scout class and skiing in every direction while 5 defense pack heavies storm in and base rape. I wouldn't be surprised if you wanted to stop playing this game. I only play it once a week because I don't want to waste the rest of my time listening to people's "funny" voice packs and the voices with the pitch put to 20khz.
  • Man I remember back when the server list was full of 24/7 katabatic, I can't believe I am about to say this but I wish those days were back. I can't stand going onto goon haven and having to play on some really retarded custom map while everyone is playing scout class and skiing in every direction while 5 defense pack heavies storm in and base rape. I wouldn't be surprised if you wanted to stop playing this game. I only play it once a week because I don't want to waste the rest of my time listening to people's "funny" voice packs and the voices with the pitch put to 20khz.
    // #autoload
    package SoDMuteFags {
        function clientCmdChatMessage(%sender, %voice, %pitch, %msgString, %a1, %a2, %a3, %a4, %a5, %a6, %a7, %a8, %a9, %a10)
        {
            %newvoice = detag(%voice);
            if ( %newvoice $= "" ) {
                // Player is using null-voice exploit, show the message but don't play the sound
                %message = detag( %msgString );
                %wavStart = strstr( %message, "~w" );
                if ( %wavStart != -1 ) {
                    %msgString = getSubStr(%message, 0, %wavStart);
                }
            }
            parent::clientCmdChatMessage(%sender, %voice, %pitch, %msgString, %a1, %a2, %a3, %a4, %a5, %a6, %a7, %a8, %a9, %a10);
        }
    };
    activatePackage(SoDMuteFags);

• Thats pretty sad D: