A New-Old Player Speaking Out -LONG READ

2»

Comments

• Respec.
  • edited June 2011
    Listen, we already told you. If you have ideas SHARE them. What you did was come into a game that is almost dead, tell everyone you give it a 4.5 out of 10, and 2.5 was because the game is still hard like it's supposed to be. You said the community sucks. Yet who are you? I can tell most of the regulars. They play almost every single day. They come in the server and everyone's like "VGH" You come from nowhere and claim to know a great truth about Tribes 2 that's been keeping us all back for years.

And you still have not shared your great ideas to help revive Tribes 2. So please, tell everyone now or else you can http://stfuandgtfo.ytmnd.com/ (watch this).
  • I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank SgtVindetta for all his help.
    http://t2stats.m-parsons.com/player.php?GUID=3437070

For example, you can see that in the 28 hours he's played, he's teamkilled his own flag carrier 5 times.

He's also teamkilled an admin twice (who we might note did not kick him), and he's been vote-kicked by his peers twice.

So I just want to say:

THANK YOU SGTVINDETTA FOR YOUR WONDERFUL CONTRIBUTIONS

And all those nice things you've said in this thread.
  • I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank SgtVindetta for all his help.
    http://t2stats.m-parsons.com/player.php?GUID=3437070

For example, you can see that in the 28 hours he's played, he's teamkilled his own flag carrier 5 times.

He's also teamkilled an admin twice (who we might note did not kick him), and he's been vote-kicked by his peers twice.

So I just want to say:

THANK YOU SGTVINDETTA FOR YOUR WONDERFUL CONTRIBUTIONS

And all those nice things you've said in this thread.

/thread

You, sir, win 10 Internets.
  • why not add this old but great game to facebook
    www.facebook.com.facebook.com
  • Hi!
    I'd just like to take this time to point out that even though I've spent 300+ hours in goons, I can't think of a single specific time any of the real (*cough*baserapeispartofthegamelearntocounterit*cough*) things complained about in this thread have happened to me. Sure, griefing happens, but for me the occurrences have been so few and far between that they haven't affected my enjoyment of the game in the least. No offense, but I think you must just take offense too easily, as it's hard to imagine that your T2 experience could really differ so drastically from mine.
  • Hi!
    I'd just like to take this time to point out that even though I've spent 300+ hours in goons, I can't think of a single specific time any of the real (*cough*baserapeispartofthegamelearntocounterit*cough*) things complained about in this thread have happened to me. Sure, griefing happens, but for me the occurrences have been so few and far between that they haven't affected my enjoyment of the game in the least. No offense, but I think you must just take offense too easily, as it's hard to imagine that your T2 experience could really differ so drastically from mine.

You should read the post a couple up from yours. It says:
    "For example, you can see that in the 28 hours he's played, he's teamkilled his own flag carrier 5 times.

He's also teamkilled an admin twice (who we might note did not kick him), and he's been vote-kicked by his peers twice."

So basically he's complaining that nobody is taking him seriously and all he's done is Team Killed.
  • my favorite part is where people ruin games for the rest of us

thanks HV, Rebels, and EWo thats why some of these servers ran full 24=7 when t2 was at its apex and retards like red shifter and terrytoes ruin the one server left.I so hope you so called experts play ascend so I can drop a spinfuser on you dipshits.But im sure all you will ever do is cry about that game to lol

thanks HV, Rebels, and EWo
    thats why some of these servers ran full 24=7 when t2 was at its apex and retards like red shifter and terrytoes ruin the one server left.I so hope you so called experts play ascend so I can drop a spinfuser on you dipshits.But im sure all you will ever do is cry about that game to lol
    (quote fixed)

I'd like to apologize to you and SgtVindetta for ruining the one server left.

Sorry.
  • Black Ops sold 20 million copies. Clearly it's a better game than Tribes 2.

thats why some of these servers ran full 24=7 when t2 was at its apex and retards like red shifter and terrytoes ruin the one server left.I so hope you so called experts play ascend so I can drop a spinfuser on you dipshits.But im sure all you will ever do is cry about that game to lol
    (quote fixed)

Sorry.
    lol that just about sums ya up sorry is a perfect word for describing you

(quote fixed)

Sorry.
    lol that just about sums ya up sorry is a perfect word for describing you

Yeah, I just said I was sorry.
  • edited July 2011
    People (by people, I mean Blind) are flexing their e-peens again?

I thought we were past that part of our lives. We can't all be 12-year old 'zOMGWTFBBQPWN" FPS gamers forever, you know.
  • Yes We Can
  • This guy still plays on the server all the time by the way. So I didn't scare him away.
  • Hmm... a server for newer players sounds interesting. I wonder if my computer can handle a dedicated server.
  • Hmm... a server for newer players sounds interesting. I wonder if my computer can handle a dedicated server.

Well, that would depend on the specs of your computer.

I know that some servers are rented from data centers, so of course those are likely to run much better than a home PC. However, I would theorize that a home PC with some high-end hardware could probably support up to 64 players without too much lag (Hell, the Minecraft server I play on is run off the owner's PC right now, and we can hold 30 some players without too much lag).

Your own Internet connection is also an issue. If you plan on hosting from your home PC, you may need to get an increase to your bandwidth limit, as well as your maximum download and upload speed.

I could be wrong on this stuff, though. Network Engineering stuff really isn't my forte, so to speak.

Ask around a little more. You will probably get the info you want.

I know that some servers are rented from data centers, so of course those are likely to run much better than a home PC. However, I would theorize that a home PC with some high-end hardware could probably support up to 64 players without too much lag (Hell, the Minecraft server I play on is run off the owner's PC right now, and we can hold 30 some players without too much lag).

Your own Internet connection is also an issue. If you plan on hosting from your home PC, you may need to get an increase to your bandwidth limit, as well as your maximum download and upload speed.

I could be wrong on this stuff, though. Network Engineering stuff really isn't my forte, so to speak.

T2 networking code is amazing. It was built for dial-up.

T2 networking code is amazing. It was built for dial-up.

Hence why I said I could be wrong. Hehe.

But, thanks for the correction. That should help the other person a lot.
  • I smell drama...

So long as the headcount is >20, I'm happy.
  • Drama is Tribes 2
  • Ensign Munro, I've been meaning to ask you this for years. Is your avatar M/M, M/F, F/F, or non-gender?