Goodbye Tribes 2.

I hate "goodbye" threads, but here I am doing one. It's been fun. I remember getting T2 back in the day. I had dial up. I would try to spawn a bomber and fly and next thing I knew I was headed towards the ground. I finally got the game again about 2 years ago and it's almost dead.

Tribes Next revived it a lot. I spent countless hours on Goon Haven. I played with a lot of cool people and had a blast. But I need something more. I need a community. I need to feel like I'm playing with people and not bots.

Don't get me wrong, the game is tons of fun. Nothing compares to it gameplay wise. But there are no Team Speaks to hang out in. There is no Vent. There isn't even in game voice chat. The forums have some trolls that ruin the experience.

I've really been enjoying Team Fortress 2 since last June. I'm a regular on a community server. All speak is on so everyone in the game can chat and have fun. That's where I get the most enjoyment is the player to player interaction. And it's not just Team Fortress 2. With Steam you can add friends and see what games they're playing and join their game. I'm sure I don't have to explain what it does.

If anyone wants to play with me add my Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/lonesome_killer.

If Tribes 2 makes a huge come back and gets community improvements like a huge Team Speak or Vent I will gladly come back again. Message me or something. Tribes 2 is the essence of what a great game should be.

I would like to so thanks for all the great times everyone. The skill, fun, and craziness I've seen in this game will always hold a special place in my gaming heart. A special thanks to Thyth for keeping Tribes 2 going and allowing me to try and bring my friends into the Tribes universe.

Comments

• If Tribes 2 makes a huge come back and gets community improvements like a huge Team Speak or Vent I will gladly come back again.
    after years of people spamming their retarded voice packs, this is the one thing i think would make most people quit
  • I need a community. I need to feel like I'm playing with people and not bots.

Don't get me wrong, the game is tons of fun. Nothing compares to it gameplay wise. But there are no Team Speaks to hang out in. There is no Vent. There isn't even in game voice chat. The forums have some trolls that ruin the experience.

:(

I posted the solution to this problem earlier: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php/topic,2859.0.html join up, hang out on TS3/vent and IRC. There is a close-knit community still.
  • I see a TS3 and Vent download link, but no server connect info.
  • That is given out per request in #lastgasp, usually for pubs but especially by teams.

You'll end up building up a list of the different servers just by hanging around.
  • To me, teamspeak is hellish; a place where dramatically inclined kids bitch incessantly. I'd rather listen to a dental drill.
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME
  • Aren't you that guy with the spinfusor?