On team damage kicking and the like...

What if there was a script that simply placed the tker into obs for the map duration after x number of tks, then allowed to play after map change?

What if?

It could happen!

Now, if said tker is tking just to be an alpha hotel, an adam henry, kick him.

Comments

• Don't quote me on this, but I think one of the reasons that you get kicked if you stay observer too long is because you take up a spot on the server and if you're not playing, they would like the spot to stay open for those who want to/can actually play. So it would just be wasting a server spot.

Like I said, I'm not sure, but I think thats how it works.
  • While that's a good idea for when the server is close to capacity, I think it might be better if there were some sort of threshhold in place for OBS drops. Like, if on a 64-man server there are more than 50 players, OBS has a time limit. For less than that, OBS does not. I think that would be a good compromise; probably base it on a percentage of capacity.

Accidental TKers being dropped to OBS is a good idea, methinks, especially if it's some newb who hasn't figured out how bad splash damage is yet; give them a chance to learn from observation. But again, if they're just being n00bs and screwing things up for the rest of us, I think the players present would possibly know and initiate a vote to fully kick.

So, some sort of OBS-time-limit threshhold, so if the player count is a little lower, people can observe for a little while before jumping back in.
  • Don't quote me on this, but I think one of the reasons that you get kicked if you stay observer too long is because you take up a spot on the server and if you're not playing, they would like the spot to stay open for those who want to/can actually play. So it would just be wasting a server spot.

Like I said, I'm not sure, but I think thats how it works.
    Yes, this.
  • I'm not sure if they do already, but it would be nice if the admin had the option of putting a player into perma observe, rather than k/b.
  • I'm not sure if they do already, but it would be nice if the admin had the option of putting a player into perma observe, rather than k/b.

Why? This would take a player slot and accompish nothing.
  • I think tk and vote kicks last for 5 minutes.
  • Admins can warn, stop votes, place players in observer, kick & ban and possibly other features too.

The option would be there in the case that at the admin's discretion a punishment appropriate for the offense can be administered. Also in the case that an abundance of player slots are available.

Why? This would take a player slot and accompish nothing.