Do you anticipate T2 competition?

Please be as elaborate in your answer as possible. This is an effort to spur the development of competition teams. Thank you.

Comments

• If I didn't suck, I probably would. But I suck. So I don't.
  • Interesting...

Also, I think most of the comp guys hang out in #lastgasp on irc.tribalwar.com
  • I am starting a tribe right now, but have not gotten enough members/started practicing to compete as of yet. Soon.
  • www.migcrew.com 5yr old tribes/bf2 clan, currently looking for newblood for tribes:next. site is currently under construction, so it looks a bit weird. im working on a websites for work that take priority, but im very serious about getting our old members active again 'n bringin in new punks to fill an active twl 7man classic ladder roster. anyone is welcome to stop by. as always, we are not nearly as concerned with skill, as we are with attitude.

-moto migcrew4lyfe
  • i wanna be inna clam like u guys r

lol. that wud be a cool name for a gaming clan [CC] Clan Clams
    on second thought, thats pretty gay

=moto
  • Thought about it, but people take comp way too seriously for me. It's what turned me off to tribes in the first place. Got tired of pubs so i looked into the comp scene - way too many halfheaded jerks for a video game. Not that the comp guys I knew were humorless or jerks, but more like their brand of humor struck more of a pretentious "suckit, n00b" tone. I get enough of that almighty attitude from firefighters and musicians around here, and god knows i need to focus more on real-life shit. hot damn do i.
  • Thought about it, but people take comp way too seriously for me. It's what turned me off to tribes in the first place. Got tired of pubs so i looked into the comp scene - way too many halfheaded jerks for a video game. Not that the comp guys I knew were humorless or jerks, but more like their brand of humor struck more of a pretentious "suckit, n00b" tone. I get enough of that almighty attitude from firefighters and musicians around here, and god knows i need to focus more on real-life shit. hot damn do i.

musicians? LOL MUSICIANS!!!! oh YAAAAA now THERES someone to be envious over. whats next, ballerinas?

-moto

lol. that wud be a cool name for a gaming clan [CC] Clan Clams
    on second thought, thats pretty gay

=moto

ROFL; Clam Heads, I shuck clams, etc...

All jokes aside, I don't have time for competition. I'm lucky to get an hour here or there to play in a pub every other day!
  • sooo...am I supposed to post what Im good at??

• musicians? LOL MUSICIANS!!!! oh YAAAAA now THERES someone to be envious over. whats next, ballerinas?

-moto

Bullseye. Exactly the attitude I'm talking about.
    As for musicians - playing folk doesn't make me a twink, but hating everything but hardcore does make you a jackass. Check out the music section on craigslist if you want to see some hilarious pathetic elitist shit.

• musicians? LOL MUSICIANS!!!! oh YAAAAA now THERES someone to be envious over. whats next, ballerinas?

-moto

Bullseye. Exactly the attitude I'm talking about.
    As for musicians - playing folk doesn't make me a twink, but hating everything but hardcore does make you a jackass. Check out the music section on craigslist if you want to see some hilarious pathetic elitist shit.

How bout we stay on topic and not try to hi-jack the useful threads.
  • I'd be interested in joining a casual tribe to be pit against another casual tribe in a series of casual battles for the sake of noob acclimation and community.

Wy hat thar bay a ideer. Tribes for noobs. Like training companies in the USMC.
  • I compete, I play with Team ION on twl. There are plenty of teams with various skill levels and attitudes. Im sure if you put a team togeather you can find one that fits your desires.
  • Smurf alert. I don't see any Fling s on Team ION
    This is true. I presume the twl attitude is what turns alot of potential players away from the comp scene. I still enjoy pu's, but these days I play to have a good time instead of claiming dominance in some video game.
  • Believe it or not, the TWL attitude is incredibly tame compared to what it used to be. There are a few personalities on the forums that can be annoying, but those are easily avoided if you don't post on the forums. As far as team vs. team trash talk goes, there really isn't much. If any new team joins that ladder, it's pretty much guaranteed that the players will be happy to have some new blood on the ladder and will generally be nice to you as long as you don't provoke them with trash talk of your own.
  • Small amount of votes compared to the amount of players in goon haven and other servers!

Suggestion; server providers mention this thread in message of the day on your servers, websites, and bottom print in game, whatever it takes. If you want to promote competition, get the word out!!!