GTW's dead... time to start over?

2»

Comments

• That's what this Saturday is for. 7:30 PM eastern. Be there! :)
  • ...cameras detect sensor jammed people.
    This is probably the only thing I don't like about classic.
  • I can't see how it would effect classic much anyways, since they mainly serve to spotlight sensor jamming people to turrets. But, conventional T2 typically only has turrets with real meat on the outside. And those cameras can be removed from a distance pretty easy (the effective range of this effect isn't massive).

Yea, you might run into a spider clamp farm on the inside, but I don't see how it's a huge problem.

Even in GTW, where you could have cameras playing spotter for a group of four plasma turrets hiding around the corner, it's something that usually only buys you a couple successful defenses before the player is able to knock out the cameras.

But that can be really important since GTW oftentimes has low player counts which means you have to make your defenses as automated as possible so you have people left to go offense.
  • Hey Keen(Dynablade) Im running your WAR2003 server now on tribes.I downloaded the 2009 version but it just didnt run as smooth as the 2003 version in the extreme mode..CPU timing issue? Im running it with an AMD 6400+ Dual Core Black Edition Overclocking up to 3800Ghz/4GB DDR2 800Mhz/MSI Overclockers 512MB Video Card with Windows XP. Id love to see a new version of GTW that runs in extreme mode like WAR2003 does. [email protected]
  • Well, either way... some sort of basis would be preferrable anyway. I'd probably end up using classic due to the bug fixes.
    Hey Keen(Dynablade) Im running your WAR2003 server now on tribes.I downloaded the 2009 version but it just didnt run as smooth as the 2003 version in the extreme mode..CPU timing issue? Im running it with an AMD 6400+ Dual Core Black Edition Overclocking up to 3800Ghz/4GB DDR2 800Mhz/MSI Overclockers 512MB Video Card with Windows XP. Id love to see a new version of GTW that runs in extreme mode like WAR2003 does. [email protected]

I did not create war200x, it is based off stolen Meltdown 2 code that defender has so horribly superglued together. The only reason my name is in the credits is for legal reasons so I don't file a lawsuit against him. Some people like it, I guess. Either way, no "extreme" or whatever modes will be a part of this project.