"keyboard0 input device unacquired" -- can join games but can't play

I've got what seems to be a small problem.

I can join games and host LAN games, but I can't actually play. I'm always just stuck in observer mode. When I bring up the console, this is what it shows:

...[some stuff]
Scenelighting done...
keyboard0 input device created
mouse0 input device created
Activating DirectInput...
keyboard0 input device acquired
keyboard0 input device unacquired

And it continues like that. Everytime I bring up the console (by hitting ~) an additional two lines are added, saying the keyboard has been acquired and unacquired.

Also, when I'm in "Observer Fly Mode" I can only move my camera to the right and backwards (by hitting the 'S' and 'D' keys) but cannot move it forward and/or to the left ('A' and 'W' keys). My keyboard and mouse are fully functional outside T2.

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate. 1 Gb RAM. It seems like this should be an easy fix. Any ideas anyone?? I'd really appreciate the help as I love this game and haven't played it in forever and really want to!!!!! THANK YOU!! :D

Comments

• Haha, god do I feel stupid. I just had to look at the preset keyboard controls and reconfigure them. There's no error at all. I can't believe i'm playing T2 again!!
  • ASWD is for llamas

In Tribes you use ESDF
  • Haha, god do I feel stupid. I just had to look at the preset keyboard controls and reconfigure them. There's no error at all. I can't believe i'm playing T2 again!!

This answer doesn't help the rest of us encountering the same issue.