Problem attempting to 'add' a new weapon

I've been following this (http://www.advancedmod.com/Tribes2/tutorials/any_ammo_based.txt) tutorial but to no success. I've tried re-doing it three times, the only problem I can come up with is that inventoryHud.cs doesn't want to 'compile' into a .cs.dso. Any reason why? Everything else I have modified compiled except that. Also, is it supposed to take a ridiciously (sp) long time to initialize the game and LAN server if the .cs's haven't been complied?

On a side note - anybody know where I can get .cs files to an existing mod to use as a reference? I can get them in compiled .cs.dso's, obviously, but I can't do much with those.

Thanks

Comments

• On the initializing time, I've noticed that running -nologin takes a long time to initialize, and hosting always takes a while to load up for me.

On uncompiled .cs files, I think Classic comes by default in the GameData folder - I don't recall specifically downloading it - with plenty of uncompiled .cs files to work with.
  • I know that classic has them, thats where I'm getting the .cs files from. I was just wondering if there were any .cs files from mods, but I guess there isn't. I just wish there was more reference, but there isn't. Oh well. Thanks for confirming the long load times though.
  • if your inventoryHud.cs isnt compiling you probably have a syntax error in there somewhere, a comma where it shouldnt be, a missing bracket, look at the places you've modified and see if you made a typo.
  • if your inventoryHud.cs isnt compiling you probably have a syntax error in there somewhere, a comma where it shouldnt be, a missing bracket, look at the places you've modified and see if you made a typo.

That mignt have been the problem, but I already just deleted everything I modded out and replaced it with a tutorial for a hack gun. This time it shows up in the inventory and everything, but when you go to 'buy' it, you don't get anything. It just shows up as you having two weapons when you ordered 3.