FYI - TN + LAN issue

Hi! I seem to have encountered a problem with TribesNext. Whenever I start up LAN mode (which I use occasionally to practice), I get a UE when I click on the LAN game button. Everything else works fine, though. I managed to make it work again by using the TN uninstaller and then manually deleting all ruby - related dll files (apparently the uninstaller leaves these). Does anyone else have this problem, or is it some freak issue with my copy of the game?

Comments

• I don't believe it's TribesNext. I think you might have a script in there that doesn't go well when you host your own server.
  • I don't believe it's TribesNext. I think you might have a script in there that doesn't go well when you host your own server.

It does seem a bit weird, but I'm assuming it's caused by TribesNext because:

a.) I get a UE the instant I hit the "LAN Game" tab, not when I try to host a server
    b.)When I remove all TN - related stuff from my T2 folder the tab works fine
    c.)The only scripts I have installed are the T2 bouncer ones and this one that makes the reticule constantly green or red when you have a deployable (so you can place it easier)

I take it you don't have the same problem?
  • Funny, i experience the very same issue with my lan mode today, but i was actually running the -Offline parameter, i'm not sure if you were.
  • Launching with -nologin and clicking the "LAN Game" tab doesn't crash me...
  • edited April 2009
    Hmm... After consistently UEing last night, the tab all of a sudden works.  Nothing else has changed since then.  I didn't even shut down my computer - just put it in hibernate.  What the heck??

edit: Maybe my computer was playing an April Fool's joke on me :P