Quake player here, looking to promote Tribes Next and beat some ass :D

Hey guys, I'm a long, 8-9 year Quake 2/3 player here and Tribes was one of those games which I've heard and seen legendary stories about, but never played, and figured this is a great opportunity to start. So i'll be downloading and see what kind of aim I have, will probably take a while.

Secondly, I'm going to submit this site and story to Digg, and it would help if everyone dugg my post when I do. I wanted to know a little information before I post. Why/when did Vivendi shut the servers down, and what other pertinent things should I know about this project for the 3 sentence description?

Help would be appreciated and I'll let you know when it's up. Oh and if there's a moderator on this forum, contact me on gmail at [email protected] or AIM at Jaded Enmity

Comments

• Vivendi shut down them down on November 3rd, along with those of about 20 other games based on the World Opponent Network (WON) framework. Most of T2's functionality past authentication had already been unusable for around a year, so nobody could say we weren't expecting it eventually.
    Why did they do it? Lets just say if you're not making money for Vivendi, you're dead weight.
  • ah, I see, that's pretty damn lame.

Do you happen to have AIM/google talk?
  • Hey guys, I'm a long, 8-9 year Quake 2/3 player here

Q3:A and Q3:TA ftw.
  • Good to hear from another Q2 player.
    I'll check out your post when its up and digg it. Its the least I can do, thanks for promoting - that is how I found out about this myself. :-P
  • I've seen Quake Players and other people play Tribes2 on Youtube..Lot's of them SUCK..But others are alright. Hope you are good, cuz we need more good players around ;)
  • Quake Players and Tribes Players trying to ... play ... together ... o_Oa

Good Luck and don't be discouraged! ;)