RaceMOD

Anyone else remember this mod? You raced grav cycles and stuff. It was awesome. Someone host a server... lol

Comments

• When I first read that, it sounded like the most offensive mod on the planet.

Sounds cool though.
  • we used to mess with this on the HV server sometimes durings event nights its pretty fun there are some wicked maps for it.All you really need is to find some race maps to be honest and host a server I really wouldnt consider it a mod but can be fun as hell for a change of pace.
  • we used to mess with this on the HV server sometimes durings event nights its pretty fun there are some wicked maps for it.All you really need is to find some race maps to be honest and host a server I really wouldnt consider it a mod but can be fun as hell for a change of pace.
    Huh? RaceMod is most definitely a mod. Running it on a server stops you from running anything else on that server, which is a damn shame.
  • It'd be nice to mount a cannon on a wildcat and race.
    "Death-Race Tribes!" FTW!
  • The RaceMOD mod kind of sucked in my opinion. I may have gotten an old or unofficial version, but it was kind of buggy. Otherwise, RaceMod is fun. Some of the maps are interesting.
  • edited April 2009
    we used to mess with this on the HV server sometimes durings event nights its pretty fun there are some wicked maps for it.All you really need is to find some race maps to be honest and host a server I really wouldnt consider it a mod but can be fun as hell for a change of pace.
    Huh? RaceMod is most definitely a mod. Running it on a server stops you from running anything else on that server, which is a damn shame.
    I know its a mod what I meant was you can basically do the same thing by getting the race maps and putting them on a server and just race your grav cycles on them if you want that way it wont keep you from running anything else on your server.But hell if its there server they can do what they want with it.
  • I used to play a ton of racemod. I think the The| boys had a race server hosted a while ago that was up randomly. I recall it wanting you to register a smuf on their forums to play for an extended period of time, though. I don't know. It'd be nice to see a server running racemod again since it's such a nice change of gameplay with the same competitive element. I've seen a lot of sweet race courses made in construction, too. MPB race never fails to entertain a crowd.
    I know its a mod what I meant was you can basically do the same thing by getting the race maps and putting them on a server and just race your grav cycles on them if you want that way it wont keep you from running anything else on your server.But hell if its there server they can do what they want with it.
    Definitely not the same without the NOS Boost.
  • Look what I stumbled into .... Today is your lucky day.....

http://bombshelter.servebeer.com/?Page=RaceMod

I occasionally have my server up though for some reason on a duel core machine it runs like dooty. Think the 2k machine needs to be re-vamped :| bruize has a server up once in a while... heh.

That was intentional... You would have to switch the datablocks to go to a different gametype. This would be realllllllly confusing and it was attempted when I wrote it in the beginning. It caused massive UE's on map changes. It did work when you played CTF with the racemod vehicles ... but um things like the mpb cause the server to crash due to the crappy wheel code when t2 was built. It was actually fixed when we Bite and I messed around with making a monster truck racemod on the torque engine.

/MeBaD
  • Byte's a newb, that was probably the problem.
  • Hay now Byte did the kickass racemod switch ;)
  • Teratos is just jealous! :P

Hey MeBaD!