None

2»

Comments

• What works in competitive play may not work in a pub, and what works in a pub may not work in competitive play.
  • Everything works in a pub if you do it right, especially competitive tactics. Why do you think everyone hated the Vpad guys and accused them of cheating in Goon Haven all the time? It's because they used competitive tactics in the pub and absolutely dominated it every single time.
  • Is there anything cuter than non-competitive players trying to talk strategy?
    Nope just you.
  • ELFing or whatever tactic might work against a few players in a pub, but if people could get over their pride, they could learn a lot from guys like Kryand. Instead of using tactics that work in specialized situations against new players, you could learn and use tactics that work nearly all the time against everyone.

Whatever though.
  • ELFing or whatever tactic might work against a few players in a pub, but if people could get over their pride, they could learn a lot from guys like Kryand. Instead of using tactics that work in specialized situations against new players, you could learn and use tactics that work nearly all the time against everyone.

Whatever though.
    Learn from Kryand? Hell no.
    Is there anything cuter than non-competitive players trying to talk strategy?
    You and your wiki.

Im competetive, ive been playing since release.
    Ive been smurfing before you were were born.
    that sounded weird.....

ELFing only works if the chasers are disorganised, and lousy.
    If theyre rubbish in hand to hand combat, go up to them and SL their asses. (if they keep missing)

The Vpad people were psychotic, and bad smurfs.

>_
  • Oh my bad I didn't realize you were a competitive player! I bet you've got lots of experience playing for teams like "Lock and Load" and "Soldiers of Chaos". I surely didn't mean to question a competitive player of your caliber!

::)
  • edited April 2009
    The better your latency disc, chain, laser rifle.
    The worse your latency disc, gernade launcher and chain.

Really crappy latency disc, gernade launcher, elf gun lol. Hey you do what you got to do.
  • The better your latency disc, chain, laser rifle.
    The worse your latency disc, gernade launcher and chain.

Really crappy latency disc, gernade launcher, elf gun lol. Hey you do what you got to do.

I find the laser rifle one of the easier weapons to use with a higher ping.
  • My ping fluctuates sometimes badly. I hate it! I use CG, Disk, GL in light.

CG is inconsistent for me . Still very useful so I carry it because it is the only weapon in the game versatile enough for close, med and far range.

Grenade Launcher is good, but also somewhat inconsistent with my ping. I find it invaluable for chasing. Does loads of damage when it looks like it was a miss or does nothing when I've hit a capper right in the head with it. Darn ping.

Tarzul, teach me your secrets of sniping with high ping! I guess high ping is very different from fluctuating ping.
  • The only thing I can think of as a tip for high ping sniping, is to learn to time your shot. I used to play on a 56k connection, like I'm sure a lot of old players did. And I would still get my Laser shots and lance shots. It took a lot of time to get a "feel" for the timing, but I did it. But, then again, this should be kind of an obvious piece of advice. Just practice and get a feel for your latency.

I now play on a DSL connection (lmao I'm always behind the times) Anyways, It's not the best connection I know, but it's cheap and kind of considered broadband. (isn't it?) haha. Same thing, I have to have a feel for my latency when I'm sniping, lancing, or going for a MA. For the most part I avoid sniping though. Unless it's really REALLY going to benefit my game.
  • The only thing I can think of as a tip for high ping sniping, is to learn to time your shot.

This. High ping sniping isn't very hard because as long as your ping isn't fluctuating like crazy, all you have to do is get a feel for how far you have to lead your shots. The sniper rifle is an instant hit weapon, so if you get that down, you should be set. Although, I guess the feeling for leading because of ping might be hard to grasp if you've just started playing T2.
  • oom
    edited April 2009
    Thanks, you guys! Maybe I'll give
    LR another try late, late at night when my ping is more steady.
  • Oh my bad I surely didn't mean to question a competitive player of your calibre!

::)
    awww, I made K cry...
    need a hankie?

Flashing me old teams serves no purpose, PM me to keep arguing, I have no intrest in spamming the forum with your Orly-ist remarks.
    Everything you say is self promoting, atleast acknowledge the fact that others play T2, or that many people are better than you.
  • Well that was probably the dumbest response I've ever gotten. I'm not even sure how to reply, because I'm not even sure you understood the subtext of my last post.
  • CG always takes priority i think. You can replace ground damage with disks / minedisks. Nothing in the game does what a cg does. Its the jab.
  • Well that was probably the dumbest response I've ever gotten. I'm not even sure how to reply, because I'm not even sure you understood the subtext of my last post.
    You kinda got owned there ;)
  • You kinda got owned there ;)
    What are you his fanboy?
    And can we get back on topic?
    I'm getting a better feel for my long range GL shots again. So happy, it's been so long since I've played, but it's slowly coming back to me. I even MA'd a guy with my GL today like "WOO". Haha, I feel it coming back woot
    You kinda got owned there ;)
    You failed at reading comprehension, and I am the one who got owned? Interesting.

And this topic doesn't need to be continued. The pros have already spoken. Everything else is just random unnecessary commentary.
  • lol, who are the "pros"?
    Kryand and robertom?
    :p