Classic the best? Or the only option?

Over the years countless mods have come and gone. Awhile back if you wanted to play, version2 was about the only option we had for a populated server. No slight to Qing but I would have preferred something else. Now we are looking at classic as the only really populated pub. My question is this. If you logged in one day and every mod you can ever remember playing had a server running with all slots filled and you had the overflow password for each one, your ping was excellent, and the maps were all to your liking, which one would you join?

I would play Masters which most of you have never heard of but its where I cut my teeth and I have missed it for too long.

Comments

• Classic is the best.
  • The fact that all the major pubs run classic is pretty awesome and I wouldn't want it any other way. I have nothing against the fringe mods, but base was terrible for CTF and version2 was a complete mockery of the game (though it wasn't worse than 24/7 Katabatic).
  • edited April 2009
    Classic is great but for the love of God people play your flavor and have fun. There is no reason for putting people down if they dont neccesarily like classic or LT.

Legions is a great example of a game that has Tribes like potential which has basically come to a crawl because the devs cant realize that plain vanilla LT isnt going to keep people hooked on the game. Its funny but sometimes the hardest core fans are the very reason for killing the game in the first place.

I'm just happy to see people have a place to go so they can enjoy Tribes 2 without a need for a key. I could care less what flavor they play. Just as long as they are playing.
  • People that don't like Classic are inferior.
  • Classic...is well, a classic. Its the most balanced, fastest, and easiest to pick up.

However, thats not to say that mods with tons of weapons, deployables, vehicles, armors, etc aren't fun. I would love to see more people on some mod servers. Most the time its just me and the bots, me playing around with all the weapons and crap.