Goon Haven - News, Info, Etc

Comments

• You're a sexy bitch, Eolk. Thank you. I'll test this later.
  • theBeaz, I think that the forcefield idea that's been implemented is a bad one. Being able to go through force fields like they aren't even there defeats the purpose of a forcefield which causes many problems on some maps (like minotaur). You can run in and out of the force field as a juggernaut, making you practically unstoppable (if done correctly) because no one on either side is quick enough to be able to shoot and damage you.
  • I haven't made any adjustments to the way forcefields work. Perhaps this is a change in classic or a specific map you played?
  • edited February 2009
    I haven't made any adjustments to the way forcefields work. Perhaps this is a change in classic or a specific map you played?

That doesn't seem to be the case, the forcefields were acting like this on all maps.

Edit: In Classic mod, the forcefields should be acting as a way to slow both friendlies and enemies. This wasn't the case in your server as of yesterday. I'm not sure what's changed, but forcefields are indeed broken on your server at the moment.
  • 1. Too many people complaining about map votes.
    2. Make a script to autokick vote initiators on failed votes.
    3. ???
    4. Profit!
  • edited February 2009
    I haven't made any adjustments to the way forcefields work. Perhaps this is a change in classic or a specific map you played?

That doesn't seem to be the case, the forcefields were acting like this on all maps.

Edit: In Classic mod, the forcefields should be acting as a way to slow both friendlies and enemies. This wasn't the case in your server as of yesterday. I'm not sure what's changed, but forcefields are indeed broken on your server at the moment.

I noticed another anomaly while playing the other night. Can't remember the map name but it wasn't a classic. Underwater physics were the same as above water physics. Could have been map specific, I'm not sure though as I didn't stay on long.
  • New on Goon Haven TSW - Thursday pickups!

Keen's mod "Tactical Sky Wars" is now ready for a player rush. Come play with us on Thursdays.

*** http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=640.0

Also, come join the forums at GoonHaven.org to give feedback on TSW and let us know how we're doing on ALL Goon Haven servers!
  • I dont think this has anything to do with it but who know but alot of those maps were made for the HV base server years ago . I am no mapper by any means but I can recall along time ago but somebody made a map that screwed with the physics of the force fields on are server .It pretty much made them useless. I dont recall the map sorry to say was years ago.I wish I could help more maybe you should look into some of the maps that are using force fields and check some of them out.
  • I haven't made any adjustments to the way forcefields work. Perhaps this is a change in classic or a specific map you played?

I noticed another anomaly while playing the other night. Can't remember the map name but it wasn't a classic. Underwater physics were the same as above water physics. Could have been map specific, I'm not sure though as I didn't stay on long.

IIRC that's map specific, there is a thread floating around somewhere that mentions that sort of thing.
  • Ventrilo now open to public:

Please visit the Goon Haven forums and register for ventrilo access. Please read the rules for the ventrilo. These basically boil down to "Don't be a dick."

If you want to be a dick and ruin it for everyone, the vent will only be available to people who request accounts! Anyway, please see the forums for info on how to join.
  • Hi, I'm trying to contact a goon haven admin. Not sure if this is the correct thread or not so I apologize in advance if it's not.

I recently have started tribes 2 again after 7 years of not playing. The tribesnext efforts are greatly appreciated. I forgot how great this game is.

I would like to be able to play on the goon haven server again. I was kicked for practically no reason. The situation that occurred was on a map where the aircraft have to vtol up to get out of a tall shaft. I was playing heavy defense and was chain-gunning multiple enemies coming down the shaft at the time.

Unfortunately someone decided to vtol their shrike out at the time. They were hit by a SINGLE stray bullet from my chain-gun. I assume this irate individual is the one who wanted me kicked. Mob mentality then ensued and I was kicked from the server unable to return. I don't know if the kick is a short term thing or what, but since goon haven is the most populated server that I'm able to join and have fun on available, I must say it ruined my fun filled weekend.

Thank God tribes is coming to instant action. I'm pretty sure this nonsense is one of the factors limiting the player population as I've seen a number of unnecessary kicks. For all I know he didn't like my player handle of T_Spline and kicked me for that perhaps.
  • It is a short term thing, so no worries.

Is there any chance you have a recording of the event? or the name of the player that started the kick vote?

You can usually find a Goon Haven admin in #GoonHaven on irc.arloria.net
    For other things, you can go to the www.goonhaven.org website (and forums).
  • Thanks for the reply, I see now that its a temp thing. I unfortunately don't have a name or recording, but I'll be doing that in the future. Thanks for the info and help.
  • I highly suggest you (and everyone) use an autodemo script.
    We get lots of complaints with either no name, or no proof.

Demos can help to solve that problem. It isn't so much an issue of us not believing someone, as it is a way for us to have a record of what happened. It allows us to defend our decision to ban/not ban.

I use:
    http://tribes.m-parsons.com/Scripts/Writer/support.zip
  • Goon Haven,

Thanks
  • EvilSECTOID,

You're welcome.
  • Ok this may have been talked about but Im not really interestd in reading through 16 pages of thread. Lol. Anyways I was wondering if there is a possability of some non CTF maps being added to the Goon Haven rotation. I mean if people really hate it they can vote the map down right? Could this at least be tried for a week or so? I mean I like CTF but 24/7 makes it kind of annoying. Mixing it up a bit with a few other game modes sure would be a refreshing thing, at least for me. Now for all the people who I know are gona say "If you dont want to play CTF go on another server", I would except for, lets face it, Goon Haven at the moment is the only server with a around the clock good number of players. Anyways thats my question if anyone else would like to see some non ctf maps, please post here saying so.
  • thebeaz:

Myself and some others tried to sign up for your forums about a week ago, yet we received no email from goon haven to complete the registration. All gave proper email addresses as requested. Are you taking new forum members. We are all returning vets and wanted to say hello to some of your admins we played with these many years. If there is something other than the registration we need to do, please advise.. thanks!
  • @Sev:

What gametypes do you suggest?
    the pond holds siege pick-ups if that is what you are looking for...

@Red_Iguana:
    I'm pretty sure GH is accepting registrations. Try adding goonhaven.org to your whitelist.
  • edited June 2009
    thebeaz:

Myself and some others tried to sign up for your forums about a week ago, yet we received no email from goon haven to complete the registration. All gave proper email addresses as requested. Are you taking new forum members. We are all returning vets and wanted to say hello to some of your admins we played with these many years. If there is something other than the registration we need to do, please advise.. thanks!
    Check your spam folder.
    Ok this may have been talked about but Im not really interestd in reading through 16 pages of thread. Lol. Anyways I was wondering if there is a possability of some non CTF maps being added to the Goon Haven rotation. I mean if people really hate it they can vote the map down right? Could this at least be tried for a week or so? I mean I like CTF but 24/7 makes it kind of annoying. Mixing it up a bit with a few other game modes sure would be a refreshing thing, at least for me. Now for all the people who I know are gona say "If you dont want to play CTF go on another server", I would except for, lets face it, Goon Haven at the moment is the only server with a around the clock good number of players. Anyways thats my question if anyone else would like to see some non ctf maps, please post here saying so.
    We had "Super Special Saturdays" going for people who wanted to play another gametype. People really seemed to like it, so, maybe we can try that again sometime soon.

Also, we recently got a CTF map called Absolute_Dark that has a lot of Capturable objectives for bases, but still has flags (kind of a mix between CnH and CTF).
  • thebeaz:

With regards to checking the spam folder.... no, nothing was received with regards to registration for 5 separate e-mail addresses.
  • With regards to checking the spam folder.... no, nothing was received with regards to registration for 5 separate e-mail addresses.

It's working now. Fixed.. Never mind
  • With regards to checking the spam folder.... no, nothing was received with regards to registration for 5 separate e-mail addresses.

It's working now. Fixed.. Never mind

Glad to hear it's working now, let me know if you have more issues.
  • Ok this may have been talked about but Im not really interestd in reading through 16 pages of thread. Lol. Anyways I was wondering if there is a possability of some non CTF maps being added to the Goon Haven rotation. I mean if people really hate it they can vote the map down right? Could this at least be tried for a week or so? I mean I like CTF but 24/7 makes it kind of annoying. Mixing it up a bit with a few other game modes sure would be a refreshing thing, at least for me. Now for all the people who I know are gona say "If you dont want to play CTF go on another server", I would except for, lets face it, Goon Haven at the moment is the only server with a around the clock good number of players. Anyways thats my question if anyone else would like to see some non ctf maps, please post here saying so.

I remember at least on one occasion playing siege. Was a while ago though...
  • SevSev
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for all the replys but it still didnt answer my question. Lol Maybe I should rephrase it better. Is it possable for some non CTF maps to be added to the random maps selected or is Goon Haven a pure CTF random server only? :-\
    Oh and i was mostly talking about cap and hold, siege, and maybe hunters but i do understand no hunters cause its alot less team based.
    @Sev:

What gametypes do you suggest?
    the pond holds siege pick-ups if that is what you are looking for...
  • The other gametype rotations can only be triggered when voted to that gametype via Change the Mission.
  • The other gametype rotations can only be triggered when voted to that gametype via Change the Mission.

Lol. I know that is the way it is now, but what i am asking is it possible that that will ever be changed so some non CTF maps are rondomly selected?
  • Standard map rotation (built-in) is designed to stay on the same mission type, an admin mod or script could tweak that.
  • I was wondering. Why does it give the pilot kills instead of the tank gunner/bomber kills instead? I was wondering cuz' the other night I was driving Sinner around mortaring a base..But it gave me kills instead..Normally I wouldn't care if I got free kills but it bothered me because all I did was drive. He did all the work.