null

edited September 2009 in General Discussion
null

Comments

• Yeah..But then I look like a geek and a loser posting posters about a videogame.
  • lol ;D
  • I honestly don't think there would need to be a sequel.
    Tribes 2 should stay as it is. It has everything you could want. You want more maps? Hell there's a map editor so niggas can make more maps. Want a different gametype? You can make those too!! Don't really need a sequel at all. We would all have to migrate to THAT sequel and leave Tribes 2 behind. I'm sure lots of people would not want to do that as Tribes 2 is a masterpiece as it is. I'm totally fine with the graphics because that's the way T2 has been since for like ever!

I also support the poster thingy. Although I won't do it because I live in a small rural town and yeah lol..Kinda geeky posting stuff up. But I encourage everyone else who wouldn't mind it, go for it! It would be great getting more people in here and filling up than just more then one server! (As long as some of the a$$hole vets don't scare the noobs out).
  • edited May 2009
    I also support the poster thingy. Although I won't do it because I live in a small rural town and yeah lol..Kinda geeky posting stuff up. But I encourage everyone else who wouldn't mind it, go for it! It would be great getting more people in here and filling up than just more then one server! (As long as some of the a$$hole vets don't scare the noobs out).

Take a bus to the nearest city :D wear a mask so you can post the stuff up anonymously xD

EDIT:
    I made an example

tribes2scre2n.png

Droping 4-5 of those somewhere shouldnt be a problem :P
  • Eh I think it would be better of the picture actually showed "the game experience of your life" to some degree.
  • Eh I think it would be better of the picture actually showed "the game experience of your life" to some degree.
    /agree
    That picture is kind of boring on the eyes...Need more action-packed picture in it.
    tribes2.jpg

I believe that would work nicely. Minus the color..Didn't feel like B/W'ing it. It shows multiple characters and every warrior has a different weapon. Just need to slap the URL for tribesnext on it.
  • That picture is no different. It just shows people standing there. Hardly "action-packed".
  • That picture is no different. It just shows people standing there. Hardly "action-packed".
    Well if you get a guy flying. He will just be paused in mid air "just floating there".
    You get a guy in a tank. He will be paused in the tank "just parked there".
    You get a sniper, he will just be posted up in the mountains "just waiting there" for an enemy.

Honestly there is no way to show how great tribes 2 is in just ONE picture. I believe showing the greatness in Tribes 2 is incapable of being shown in a picture, because Tribes 2 has so many different things that can be done and shown that can convince someone that the picture is great and the game is exciting and superior to many FPS games out in the market.
  • Wow, could you possibly have missed the point more than that? I really doubt it.
  • Just go in Goon Haven, wait for a close-combat map with a lot of players, then take screenshots.
  • Well I just googled that pic ... as I said it's just an example.

I would appreciate if anyone gets a realy great screenshot :)
    Best would be 2 guys in mid air fiering a disc at eachother. Or just a nice pic of an MA taken from the side.
    And on a snow map. Then it's easyer to get the background away without losing any details.
  • Right on. I'll try to get one. I'll post it up here so people can copy it.
  • Something on the lines of this? (Can't find any better resolutions/sizes though :()

Epic_battle.jpg
  • Someone needs to make a poster picturing the RAPE TRAIN with appropriate captions IMO

But to be more serious, like Eolk said, just cap some random pub mayhem.

Good screenshots are pretty hard to come by, because "exciting" screnshots to the uninitiated aren't sadly in any direct correlation to the awesomeness of the match they're taken from :p.

You'd probably want the screen to be cluttered by as many types of different action and shit as possible, and unless you're obsing and actually hunting for shots that just doesn't really happen very often, even in places like GH.

I guess the above pic wouldn't be bad per se in terms of that, except for the fact that there's no player action and it's all vehicles and stuff.
  • edited May 2009
    Something on the lines of this? (Can't find any better resolutions/sizes though :()

Epic_battle.jpg

It is only hard to see because of the poor resolution but there aren't just vehicles but several people on the ground.

Plus would they even know what a rape train is? (Better yet what would they think ::))

Maybe if we can get a pic of good player action then we can use both. Half the pic be that the other half a duel or something.

I guess if we can stage a pic similar but with different action it would be better, plus keep in mind that these are going to be advertisements, of course they are going to be different then the real experience. But in this case the real experience is what gets people hooked, this is just the line to reel them in.
  • Something on the lines of this? (Can't find any better resolutions/sizes though :()

Epic_battle.jpg
    I bowdown. I didn't believe it could be done. That truly is an amazing picture. Congratz.
    I bowdown. I didn't believe it could be done. That truly is an amazing picture. Congratz.

I've got a larger version somewhere... Will dig it out and post it up.
    Me thinks it's been photoshopped or something though... no shadow on the Beowolf in the foreground.

I've got a larger version somewhere... Will dig it out and post it up.
    Me thinks it's been photoshopped or something though... no shadow on the Beowolf in the foreground.
    You can take off shadows in the game.
  • It was staged a long while back from what I know. Can't remember any details though but it has enough action to get people interested, interested people click it, go to Tribes next, explore the forums a bit, maybe 1 of every 3 installs it, out of those people half stick around and don't just quit. If that keeps up we could have a few new players if we paste this sort of ad all over.