we need to start to play on another server

Need to start playing on another server rarther than goons.

Comments

• my server is up play there :P
  • I'd like to start dueling again but I've only found one server and it's always empty :(
  • Duel servers are generally empty and ppl are only in them if they switched from something like arena. I used to like to duel alot as well, but I found that once you give arena a chance, it's more fun.
  • I Need to start playing on another server rarther than goons because I got caught griefing and can't be bothered to make a new account.
    I fixed that for you.

Also, Branzone is still up for what it's worth.
  • I agree, when goons gets over say 32 or so players, luck and chance determines the play rather than skill and planning.
  • I just want to play the game I love so much while its still here with my friends.I go where the people are so pick a server bring your friends and I will come :)
  • almost everyday people play arena like 10 people,i play 80% arena :P
    Yeh Arena servers get played alot. I don't play much T2 over the past few weeks but I myself would rather duel than play Arena. Need to get more nigs to duel!
  • almost everyday people play arena like 10 people,i play 80% arena :P
    Yeh Arena servers get played alot. I don't play much T2 over the past few weeks but I myself would rather duel than play Arena. Need to get more nigs to duel!

And you need to join my Classic team on TWL!
  • I agree, when goons gets over say 32 or so players, luck and chance determines the play rather than skill and planning.
    I don't know, I still manage a high score pretty much every time.
  • Meltdown 2, that is all
  • "I don't know, I still manage a high score pretty much every time."

you just know how to manipulate the spam to your advantage

Hard not to with 60 people on tiny maps like DX. But hey, I'm just glad there are still people playing.
  • zOMG it's DeathsArt
  • Hi2u Thaen!
  • edited July 2009
    With all the banning going on thats isnt going to last, because if other servers arnt full me and my mate will just dump t2, so that means 2 less players. Did play on brainzone but most of the time it remains empty.
  • imho Goon needs to lower the player cap. It's too crowded for all of the cluster maps, and if they limit it, perhaps people will overflow into another server. I know I would.

= my $.02
  • I would play somewhere else but everything else just has stupid bots in them.

Bots = no fun.
  • The Goon Haven player cap is high because it's trying to include as many people as is practical (it is a pub, after all). Obviously, some people feel that 64 isn't practical because of lag and gameplay issues, but the fact that it does fill up indicates that people don't mind or at least would rather tolerate it than join a server with very few players or that is empty.

The problem with BZ Central is that it fills up only occasionally, and people don't know when to show up so they just don't bother. If people hung out in #lastgasp or at kept tabs via a server query, there would be better organization and people wouldn't be stuck having to recruit players from Goon Haven.
  • imho Goon needs to lower the player cap. It's too crowded for all of the cluster maps, and if they limit it, perhaps people will overflow into another server. I know I would.

= my $.02

There used to be a Goon Haven 32. The weekend I launched the servers, BOTH filled up. Every weekend after that, GH32 was a ghost town. Took it down so I could host something else in another game.
  • The Goon Haven player cap is high because it's trying to include as many people as is practical (it is a pub, after all). Obviously, some people feel that 64 isn't practical because of lag and gameplay issues, but the fact that it does fill up indicates that people don't mind or at least would rather tolerate it than join a server with very few players or that is empty.

The problem with BZ Central is that it fills up only occasionally, and people don't know when to show up so they just don't bother. If people hung out in #lastgasp or at kept tabs via a server query, there would be better organization and people wouldn't be stuck having to recruit players from Goon Haven.

I've never had a problem there. I think the mods do a good job, and I don't hate the map rotation because bad maps usually end up getting skipped by vote. The whole vote thing creates another problem in that the most popular maps get voted in a lot. People vote for these maps because they have their own game fine tuned in those maps, but when you have 40+ players on most of them, it isn't near as fun as it could be.
    If it were my server, I'd want it to be exclusive more than popular. I'd rather it host quality games than to stay full. It's not my server though, and like I said, I'm just grateful that there is still a place to play. Don't take my comments as a flame; it's definitely not intended that way.

I suppose that's the fancy way of saying I have good aim.
  • crash and grab works spammingly too
  • Everyone likes T2 for different reasons. I've played T2 since it came out because I like massive, chaotic matches. Goons is the only server that brings it, so that's where I go. If there was another big server I would gladly go there. If I ever see another classic server with 20+ players I'll jump in.

Duels and other mods don't interest me because I don't have time right now to learn a new gametype and I'd rather not spend half an hour being MA'd by l33t duellers.
  • Having a game with 50 players isn't really a big deal. A 50 player game of Goon Haven feels more like 7v7 on average, since about 36 of those people have no clue how to play CTF what-so-ever, and the only purpose they serve is free kills for anyone who wants them. It's really not a bad thing. The only problem with GH is the inclusion of retarded maps like Abaa or whatever.
  • Also, regardless of what you think about Goon Haven... for better or worse you won't find another dedicated team of admins + forums like we do. Tribes 2 has been fighting extinction for years now and I'm just thankful that there are enough helpful players that don't mind volunteering their time to make the server a better place for the general populace.
    Having a game with 50 players isn't really a big deal. A 50 player game of Goon Haven feels more like 7v7 on average, since about 36 of those people have no clue how to play CTF what-so-ever, and the only purpose they serve is free kills for anyone who wants them. It's really not a bad thing. The only problem with GH is the inclusion of retarded maps like Abaa or whatever.

And to make reference to this, again, we've been very receptive about removing/adding maps when the topic is brought up (in the proper forum) in the right way (NOT "this map sucks/rules").
  • I hate to take swipe at the other big pub servers of recent years (wait, who am I kidding? I don't mind), but Goon Haven is a serious improvement. The recent big pub servers almost always catered to the lowest class of players (players that wanted to outlaw anything they couldn't handle and just stand around spamming satchels all day).