UE during account creation.

ok. so I get to the point where you enter a user/pw. tribesnext says its available but I UE everytime I press the finish button. tried it like 6 times.... UE is C00000095 or something.

whats wierd is that i have another install of t2 that I run in Lan mode and all is well. rarely ue...

any ideas?

Comments

• i run xp. sp3.

install is a fresh one. i put it in c:\tribesnext\ to avoid my other install of t2.

gonna delete and reinstall again when i get home from work if nothing else works....
  • decided to try reinstalling before work.

deleted all installs of T2. installed tribesnext to c:\dynamix\tribes2\.....

same error at the same spot.
    [me=JT]is sad :([/me]
  • Mm, is it during the long encryption calculations?

Your rig might have something against Ruby. Try looking into that.

Of course, i'm no wizard of computing. Just giving suggestions.
  • edited January 2009
    Are you using DT to start T2? I have an old install of T2 and its doing exactly what you are seeing (XP pro 32bit), but I was starting T2 with DT. Auth servers are offline atm so I cant confirm if this fixes it but I will when they come back.

EDIT: Nope, just got the old-style UE instead of nice DT UE.

Good thing that torrent went at over 1Mb/s
  • nope. i do use dt with my other install. but not with Tnext. while reading before install, I saw that dt doesnt work with it yet...

my box isnt any exceptional. 256mg geforce. 2.5 amd proc. 2 gb ram. xp sp3. no av running during install...

gonna try it again with another fresh install in a few....
  • latest attempt.

uninstalled t2 lan and tnext again. uninstalled dt. manually deleted folders. rebooted. installed t2 gsi. rebooted. applied patch. rebooted. same error at same location. tried different nicks. different pws, different encryption lvl also. alas, that ue (c0000095) appears the moment the finish button is clicked on the nick set up page.

guess I'll install again in the near future.... i have t1 and my t2 lan install for now.

thx for yer help guys :)
  • edited January 2009
    i'm experiencing this UE on both my AMD 4200+ Nforce4 box under WinXP, and my intel laptop running Server 2008.

it occurs the moment i hit finish in account creation after entering my username and pass twice. I've tried hitting finish with both mouse clicks, and using the spacebar.

I don't think there's any common hardware, or software between these two boxes.

Faulting application Tribes2.exe, version 0.25034.0.0, time stamp 0x3dc05b85, faulting module Tribes2.exe, version 0.25034.0.0, time stamp 0x3dc05b85, exception code 0xc0000095, fault offset 0x0002d8ae, process id 0x794, application start time 0x01c971d8ab8a82b9.
    - 
    - 

0x80000000000000 

Application 
      toshlap 

- 
      Tribes2.exe 
      3dc05b85 
      Tribes2.exe 
      3dc05b85 
      c0000095 
      0002d8ae 
      01c971d8ab8a82b9 

• This is known to happen if the executable patching fails for some reason.

Verify that your Tribes2.exe is 4,419,584 bytes in size.
  • it doesn't match, thanks for the quick reply, i'll redownload and try again.
  • confirmed as above, the patch hadn't succeeded, though it hadn't produced an error message.

i noticed that after I redownloaded everything and generated my key, it took maybe 20 seconds to make the key, instead of about 1-2.

all is well now! thanks!
  • I also was able to get past this problem. seems the dl was fucked for some reason.
    the key gen process froze up on me a few times but I decided to scrap the original patch dl as well as the gsi. got fresh copies and it worked!!! yay!

checking the file size of the executable really fucking helped with getting past this.

thx everyone!!!!
  • checking the file size helped me too. uninstalled and downloaded from dof's site, got rejected a few times in t2 online for whatever reason instead of getting the UE, then finally my account registered. I want to thank thyth and all the support for the project; very well done.