Shazbot (A host's best friend)

Hey TribesNext, how you all been? Well school is here and I am back to my miserable ways of studying, reading, and stuff like that. Well since school is here I get more into Tribes 2, cause there is not alot to do while school is going on. So what I decided to do is create a admin system that can help out the host and could be activated in any mod/server.

It's called Shazbot. Design to catch and respond to common questions that he can answer. He also kicks out people that are crossing the line. Host can now go in and type Shazbot SA me, and he will respond by comparing your GUI in the prefs folder to the game. He has many features that will just make a host life easier and can help out new people (Or as you people call it..noobs). But I am not done with it the reason why I am posting this is...I am wondering...What are the most common questions you hear in Tribes 2?

Comments

• HAY WHY CANT I SEE SERVERS
  • "Why is there so much lag?"

"Can we please change to another map?"
  • what is button for change inventary?
  • Very nice questions. Added to Shazbot. Waiting for more.
  • "What is skiing/How do I ski?"
  • SERVERS?

(RedShifter is doing it wrong)
  • I've written a script of this sort in the past.

It's less useful than you might think. There are so many ways to phrase different questions, you won't get very good results. Even powerful natural language processing systems assume some basic quality of spelling; generally the people having problems are positively correlated with an inability to spell well consistently.
  • I agree Thyth it can be difficult because it's hard to figure out how people are going to ask it. But what I am doing is just logging all the questions people have asked in GoonHaven 64. I am looking everywhere for ways they ask a question. Might not be good now but in about 1 year or less it will come in handy. Who knows...I have nothing to loose.

It's less useful than you might think. There are so many ways to phrase different questions, you won't get very good results. Even powerful natural language processing systems assume some basic quality of spelling; generally the people having problems are positively correlated with an inability to spell well consistently.

Just wondering: Are you "linker" from T3o?

He's Thyth/Electricutioner.

Linker disappeared off the face of the earth after he did his little part for TribesNext.