Is something better than CTF needed?

Comments

• There is nothing better.
  • ctf has a bit of every other mode and if there arent any new modes people will always say ctf is best.

anyway, YES! id love to see more gamemodes, americans can play on gh anytime but us euros dont have any activity except of weekly mixes and arena and lak which gets pretty boring.

we sometimes manage to get 10 players when not mixing but that doesnt work out for ctf so it would be nice to have gamemodes which can be played with few to medium amounts of players.

i dont see gamemodes for large amounts of players being successful, its hard to convince the ctf crowd to even try something else/new, even if some cool modes could be made.
  • edited September 2009
    50% of players on GH don't play the flag, and at least 20% probably don't know there even IS a flag. The gametype got popular because people like Dynamix and Necrobones thought they knew how to make maps for it. Eventually the real mappers stepped in, and that was that.

And have you ever tried Siege with 60 people? Clusterfuck. It wasn't really a concern on EWo because base was slower, and wasn't really a concern on =Rebels= because they sucked at Tribes 2 in general. But when you try to play it on Goon Haven, it is BRUTAL.
  • What is siege? is it a new gametype?
  • What is siege? is it a new gametype?
    and you call yourself a T2 player....shame on you.
  • Seriously, though, Base CTF was a popular gametype for years because of players who don't actually want to pay attention to objectives. Classic servers come and go, but CTF will never go away because it's slow enough that nobody needs to care what's going on except a select few.

This is the basis of the 64 player server, this is why players still can't play effectively, etc.
  • CTF is also more intellectually challenging, at least in competition-level play, than some of the other gametypes. I won't say anything for Siege and some of the other mods because I never played them much, but Lak, Arena, etc. are more of "just kill" mods with less depth. Not to bash them; they're good when you don't feel like getting too involved in things, but they do have less depth.