problem setting up server

Your server could not be contacted.
- Check your IP / port configuration.

my router firewall is disabled
my pc firewall is disabled.

Comments

• Did you map the ports (use your router software to do this) you are using (probably 28799 - 28001) to the machine the server is running on? That may solve the problem.

I'm sure someone else can give a better answer eventually.
  • If you don't know how to PortForward check out http://portforward.com/.
  • "Did you map the ports (use your router software to do this) you are using (probably 28799 - 28001) to the machine the server is running on? That may solve the problem.
    I'm sure someone else can give a better answer eventually."

Where do you map the ports too? I hate to be a noob, I am, but can someone give more detailed info on this? Thanks.
  • I look at the router software and it has:

IP Port Range
    Protocol (Set to TCP)
    IP Address

What do these settings need to be set too?
  • Well I think I got to work. I am not getting the messages "Can't find Server" now. But I am not seeing the renegades sever listed in the server list.

Here is a link to a screen cap of what the dedicated server is showing me.
    tribes.png
  • You need to port forward.
    If you don't know how to Port Forward check out http://portforward.com/.
  • I went to that web page. I used the information there. I just need to know why it isn't working. Renegades should be showing up on the server list but its not. It is reading the TN server and sending heart beat. Yet the server isn't showing up on the server list.
  • Sometimes it takes a while. Run the server and wait a few minutes. Asking a friend to check also helps.
  • Thanks
    Will Do.
  • 30bucks for the program......to forward my ports...would have bought it if it was 10bucks but who would really pay 30bucks for that? still want to put up a ren server tho :-\
  • You don't need to buy a program to forward your ports.

Tell us what kind of router you have, we can help. IRC is a good bet:
    irc.arloria.net / #Tribes
  • If you find an router option to place the server into a dmz, try that. Just make sure your server has a firewall up.
  • I actually have the same problem. I've port-forwarded but im not sure what ip related thing to put in. I've tried my default gateway and IPv4 address and im not sure what else i could try. :P
  • The ip to forward is the ip issued to the server.
  • The only IP you would have to enter to forward a port is your local IP. Start->Run, type in cmd, then type in ipconfig. Your local IP is the one that starts with 192.168 (if there's two, yours is the one with higher numbers at the end).
  • I've done that im also running on Vista. I dont get the ip/port config message anymore but people still cant join? >:(