We Need a New In-game Tutorial

I was stuck for 4 months without knowing how to open my inventory. Thus I tried to TK in order to get equipment i.e. sniper rifle.

I was stuck for 3 years without knowing that Light armour is better to defend mid-air targets in then motar spamming in Heavy armour, or even the generic positions: MF, LD, etc.

Something needs to be done.

Somebody should update the off-line missions to better prepare new bloods for online mode. Or TN cannot expect new players to play such a hard game with no guidance on what to do.

I know there are tutorials on this site, but there isn't even any reference to them when you click online mode, and a in-game interactive one is better.

That is all.

Comments

• Inventory management is definitely covered in the 5 training missions that are already in the game. A bit of natural inquisitiveness would help a lot more than canned training missions when experimenting with armor configurations.

But, if you disagree, by all means, you are free to design and implement a new set of training missions that meets your goals.
  • Isn't basic stuff like inventory loadouts covered in the game manual?

And the in-game controls menu...
  • It is covered in depth in the in game sartorial. Thyth is correct. However, if you were that desperate, why not simply look at the controls in the settings? Isn't that how you figure any game out?
  • TribalOutpost has several additional single-player missions too.
  • I could designed a new campaign that would teach noobs everything they need to know, but I'd have to be really really really fucking bored to actually script it up. And I don't think anyone else would be willing to put in the amount of work to create my design.

My post is pretty useless I guess.
  • and btw RTFM would save you a lot of time ;-)
  • When I first started playing T2 along time ago I remember of coarse skipping the training and diving head first on line, I was really bad but then one day I discovered that I could change armors and guns by hitting enter on my numberpad. It was like a new game how many doors opened on that day so i played for awhile then i found invetory stations. So i agree do the training its all right there

long live T2
    B out

an old wallpaper I made for an old friend
    • godfingerwallpaper.jpg
  • an old wallpaper I made for an old friend

Would you kindly share that wallpaper in this thread so we keep the collection organized and that you are given correct thanks for the wallpaper. thx
  • You really suck if you've played 3+ years.
  • your the kind of guy who calls customer support to help fix your computer and they ask you, " is it plugged in?" and you say, "oh shit, its not.."

moral: most shit in life can be reasoned through basic common sense... i dont know why it took you 3 years or whatever to realize how tribes should be played.. i mean come on do you want me to wipe your ass too?...

sorry for being mean. but it had to be said
  • we need a script to order pizza ingame
  • Ask Krell, i hear he has one for chinese food.
  • we need a script to order pizza ingame
    looool use existing pizzaclient.vl2 to get this "feature" ;-)