Hey, I'm new

I just heard about this game and downloaded it. Anything I need to know?

Comments

• http://www.tribes2wiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

(ps. try not to quit after your first day)
  • its a hard game, very tedious if your new, but you'll get better at it, and then thats when it gets real fun!
  • Learning the game could get annoying also dealing with people that think they "own". Just go to throught that phase then the real fun begins.
  • yep its not your typical run n gun
  • Don't give up after the first day. Make sure to read every bit of info about the game too, read through the entire strategy section of these forums. I'm a nub and sure made me improve. Try to be versatile too, do whatever your team needs you to do.
  • Hey, thanks for the input everybody. I will try to get on everynight and play a little bit.
  • I loved Tribes 2, and was very disappointed when Vivendi didn't support it anymore. I even bought Tribes Vengeance, but it was really not up to par with Tribes 2.

Quite glad someone revived it! I can't wait for the download to finish.
  • You need to know good players will take any chance to insult you beacause you are new
    most good players tend to insult people without skill who have been playing for years. if you're actually new, they tend to back off and try to give helpful pro-tips. it can be tough to tell the difference sometimes.
  • Actually we help everyone. The problem is when a clueless person thinks they know it all just because they've been playing for years, when they really know nothing. Then they get all argumentative and defensive when we correct them and call their experience into question. We're only trying to help, but they refuse to believe that it's possible that we know more than them, just because they've been around for a long time too.
  • i own you
  • Sal
    i own you

When you have a shield pack on, but usually you don't own then either.
  • Actually we help everyone. The problem is when a clueless person thinks they know it all just because they've been playing for years, when they really know nothing. Then they get all argumentative and defensive when we correct them and call their experience into question. We're only trying to help, but they refuse to believe that it's possible that we know more than them, just because they've been around for a long time too.

lmao this describes you perfectly kryand

• lmao this describes you perfectly kryand

Lol, have to agree there.

This is pretty accurate. Guys like Blindkilla will give new players bad advice. I'm really not sure why, but I'd guess it is either:
    1. He truly believes he is right (I hope not)
    2. He thinks giving new players bad advice is the only way he can stay above being the worst T2 player
    3. He's just an angry little guy that enjoys making new players miserable.

Regardless, the point is, if you are new and want to learn about the game or get helpful hints, visit the T2 section on TWL:
    http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/forumdisplay.asp?forumid=4
  • edited November 2009
    Actually we help everyone. The problem is when a clueless person thinks they know it all just because they've been playing for years, when they really know nothing. Then they get all argumentative and defensive when we correct them and call their experience into question. We're only trying to help, but they refuse to believe that it's possible that we know more than them, just because they've been around for a long time too.

This is pretty accurate. Guys like Blindkilla will give new players bad advice. I'm really not sure why, but I'd guess it is either:
    2. He thinks giving new players bad advice is the only way he can stay above being the worst T2 player

Regardless, the point is, if you are new and want to learn about the game or get helpful hints, visit the T2 section on TWL:
    My only advice for someone new is not to listen to elitest people like you guys I will give kryand credit he does know some about comp play but pretty much nothing about pub play thats why he uses a smurf to play in pubs so he wont look like a fool.

then there is terrytoes who is a angry little man and you can tell when he is mad he starts making these funny little lists.

let me make a few
    1.terrytoes only wishes he could play T2 he so wants to be a comp player he totally kisses there butt and is usually up the nearest one when ever possible.
    2.If you wanna play comp in the twl league kryand is the guy to go to,Although I think there might be only 5 teams left so it isnt much of a league anymore thats all up to you.
    3.You can learn alot from the Strategies and Guides section right here if you are looking to have fun and play in pubs if your more into comp you can take terrytoes link its up to you.
    4.there is more than one way to play this game no matter what some may say do what you want to do.
    5.If you have a big ego well go the comp way if you just wanna have fun well try out the pubs.Not all comp players are jerks some are real good players its a shame there are more jerks lately.
    6.Then there are a few like terrytoes who has a big ego but really are bad at the game.
    7.but whatever you do try to enjoy the game. ::)
  • edited November 2009
    Actually we help everyone. The problem is when a clueless person thinks they know it all just because they've been playing for years, when they really know nothing. Then they get all argumentative and defensive when we correct them and call their experience into question. We're only trying to help, but they refuse to believe that it's possible that we know more than them, just because they've been around for a long time too.

lmao this describes you perfectly kryand

+1 lol , btw blind you nailed it man
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah except for the fact that he's totally wrong. The only difference between comp play and pub play is there's more people doing stupid things in pubs, which means you can sometimes get away with doing stupid things too. If you have fun doing stupid things, good for you. You'd have just as much fun if you listen to experienced players. Not only will you be more effective at doing whatever thing you like to do, but many other doors will be opened for you as well. The thing that bots like blindkilla don't understand is that teaching someone how to play does not mean telling them what they can and can't do. But what do you expect from a guy less intelligent than Cleverbot.

Seriously, ask yourself which is the more logical choice: listening to someone who's played for 9 years, knows nothing, and is worse at the game than my friend who's played the game for a grand total of maybe 10 hours; or the guy who taught my friend how to play?
  • So... once again Kryand is deciding for other people what is fun.

Yeah, people do stupid things in pubs, that's kind of the point. The opinion that "You'd have just as much fun if you listen to experienced players" is simply that, an opinion. There is no objective measurement of "fun", nor will there ever be, and to claim it is a fact is typical Kryand.

Now, Kryand will summarily dismiss my argument, probably with a backhanded insult, because that's what Kryand does. Kry and kry and kry.
    Where in there did I say anything about what other people are allowed to think is fun? I specifically wished anyone well who has fun a different way than me.
    Yeah, people do stupid things in pubs, that's kind of the point. The opinion that "You'd have just as much fun if you listen to experienced players" is simply that, an opinion. There is no objective measurement of "fun", nor will there ever be, and to claim it is a fact is typical Kryand.
    Actually that is not an opinion, it is a very simple logical fact. Listening to other people does not affect what you can and can't do. If someone has fun standing at the enemy vpad cloaked all map, then they can still do that after being taught other things. Even if you want to assume that they hate everything else in the game other than standing still cloaked and wouldn't have fun doing those things, it is a simple fact that they can keep doing what they think is fun despite being taught those things.

I'm actually pretty disappointed that this is the sentence of my post that you chose to bitch about. I figured it was such an obvious fact that I didn't need to say it, but I guess I overestimated certain people by a long shot.
    Now, Kryand will summarily dismiss my argument, probably with a backhanded insult, because that's what Kryand does. Kry and kry and kry.
    I only give people what they deserve. In this case, I gave you a lot more than that.
    :o You dont say.
    certain people
    Care to say who these certain people are?
    For all you know, you could be alienating the T2 population, bleating aggressive elitist hot air and scaring away new players. ;)

I'd like to apologise to the new guy on behalf of Kryand and Krew. No theyre not housetrained.
  • Kryand dude you really take the cake.I am just telling someone new that they should play the game they want to.hell I even gave your ever growing ego a few kind words and again you kry.Then you try to make fun how I play typical you .since you always play on a pub and your always some smurf I would not talk so much trash.I have however seen you in a pick up game and well your alot more talk then action IMO.
    Get over yourself everything is not all about you.In the T2 universe or whats left of it you are a minute spec no matter how big you think you are.

Now before the subject gets railroaded again welcome to T2 Hikarozu have fun and stay awhile. :)

My only advice for someone new is not to listen to elitest people like you guys I will give kryand credit he does know some about comp play but pretty much nothing about pub play thats why he uses a smurf to play in pubs so he wont look like a fool.

then there is terrytoes who is a angry little man and you can tell when he is mad he starts making these funny little lists.

let me make a few
    1.terrytoes only wishes he could play T2 he so wants to be a comp player he totally kisses there butt and is usually up the nearest one when ever possible.
    2.If you wanna play comp in the twl league kryand is the guy to go to,Although I think there might be only 5 teams left so it isnt much of a league anymore thats all up to you.
    3.You can learn alot from the Strategies and Guides section right here if you are looking to have fun and play in pubs if your more into comp you can take terrytoes link its up to you.
    4.there is more than one way to play this game no matter what some may say do what you want to do.
    5.If you have a big ego well go the comp way if you just wanna have fun well try out the pubs.Not all comp players are jerks some are real good players its a shame there are more jerks lately.
    6.Then there are a few like terrytoes who has a big ego but really are bad at the game.
    7.but whatever you do try to enjoy the game. ::)
    1. Lie
    2. Talking out of his ass.
    3. If getting killed within 5 seconds of respawning is fun, take Blindkilla's advice. Otherwise take my advice and go learn from the comp players.
    4. Of course there is more than one way - there is the right way and then the wrong way (Blindkilla's way).
    5. Comp / PUs are tons of fun - getting TKed in pubs...not so much.
    6. I can't believe an HV llama just said that... :o
  • I'd like to make sure everyone noticed that this whole thing was started by the other side. robertom and Mruballos started right in, telling him to ignore good players. Worse advice has probably never been given in the history of gaming.
  • HA HA I knew it wouldnt take long for terrytoes panties to get in a wad here we ago again with the lists man can you be a little more original next time please.But I will take the time to answer little terrytoes outburst.

1.fact he is so far up the comp peoples butts him and a few of them actually share what small thought process.
    2.really thats been covered in 1.
    3.If you wanna get killed listen to terrytoes he is not a real comp player at all at least listen to someone who has played comp before.Or if you wanna play in a pub thats fine like I said just enjoy yourself.
    4.of course there is more than one way to play this game.There really is no wrong and right way no black and white way.However there is a hardcore comp play way and there is nothing wrong with that.Then there is people who like just to play for fun enjoy vehicles and playing with some of there old T2 friends for fun this also can include comp players. then theres (terrytoes way) to stink at all of the above.
    5. Comp/ PUs can be great fun I had fun kicking your butt at one just the other day Terrytoes lol.Why the hell would you talk badly about pubs since your a SA on the only pub left.If I recall you asked for that job right? I can not believe a GH admin just said that why would you say that terrytoes?
    6.I can believe a llama like terrytoes would say this.Really the HV thing you think that bugs me yeah I was an admin on there so I enjoyed and guess what that server was filled up almost every night.Many people played there for years when there were lots of servers out there like it or hate it that is a fact and there were alot of good servers out there.Really what have you done for the tribes 2 community maybe made a few scripts that nobody uses? in fact I recall you asking me to put one of yours on the HV server I wish I still had that email we had a few good laughs about that one.Oh yeah your the public relations guy for Ascension hows that going for ya?I heard that alll thr guys that were working on that have other jobs now right.So when ya finish that up man you can come talk to me ok.

Now back to the already derailed post sorry Hikarozu but remember no matter what you do have fun and enjoy T2 as long as you can.
  • I'd like to make sure everyone noticed that this whole thing was started by the other side. robertom and Mruballos started right in, telling him to ignore good players. Worse advice has probably never been given in the history of gaming.
    your wrong again it actually begain with your post.

"Actually we help everyone. The problem is when a clueless person thinks they know it all just because they've been playing for years, when they really know nothing. Then they get all argumentative and defensive when we correct them and call their experience into question. We're only trying to help, but they refuse to believe that it's possible that we know more than them, just because they've been around for a long time too."

they never mentioned your name did they? Unless you think your a good player or are someone who owns because I sure don't.But then again its all about krymore right lol.
  • Don't you have a wife you should be beating, you dumb redneck?
  • Don't you have a wife you should be beating, you dumb redneck?
    really since you are from texas right? I dont think you should call anyone a redneck maybe you should take a look in the mirror .Dont reflect your anger on me because you never felt the touch of a woman. ::)
  • It all makes sense now. I figured you were some sort of forum bot because of how dumb you are compared to a normal person, but being an inbred hick also accounts for it. Maybe you should consider reflecting some anger at your father, since the only consenting woman's touch he managed to feel was his sister's.
This discussion has been closed.