My new Tribes 2 video

Hi. I just finished making a Tribes 2 video. It contains gameplay footage from the past year since Tribes Next was released. It is meant to show the speed and fun that Tribes 2 still has today, thanks to the Tribes Next patch. I am providing the youtube link and the filefront link for those of you who like to download and watch the video with full quality. I hope you all enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wgwwpbh91Q

http://www.filefront.com/14899495/inflow - tribes next.avi

Comments

• downloading now
  • Nice, I like how most of the kills are against flag cappers. Good stuff.
  • this is great man, nice vid 9/10
  • this is great man, nice vid 9/10

Thank you
  • I liked it, nice shots and nice that you also included a variety of things like capping/HoF and not just a billion MAs.

However, while I think it's nice that you don't have insta-scene switches after "the" critical shot has been made like in so many other videos, I feel that the transition time was perhaps a bit on the long side in many of the scenes - right now it kind of lingers so long in most cuts that you start expecting there to be more coming from that particular scene, but, nope, just a delayed fadeout to the next one.
  • I liked it, nice shots and nice that you also included a variety of things like capping/HoF and not just a billion MAs.

However, while I think it's nice that you don't have insta-scene switches after "the" critical shot has been made like in so many other videos, I feel that the transition time was perhaps a bit on the long side in many of the scenes - right now it kind of lingers so long in most cuts that you start expecting there to be more coming from that particular scene, but, nope, just a delayed fadeout to the next one.

I had to do this to fit the movie to the songs...otherwise i ended up a couple shots short, and I didn't want to spend a long time pubbing trying to get crazy shots for the next week. I wanted to finish it. But yes, there are a couple times where i delay the scene and show myself dancing as a result
  • Awesome video! This is great for noobs like me to see what is truly possible in Tribes 2. I used to play base when Tribes was first popular, so the most interesting thing for me to see was disk jumping. I hadn't heard about it until a few days ago and I'm glad I got to see a few 1st person views of it.
  • edited November 2009
    btw, what's with that mid-air GL shot on your own flag carrier at 3:26? :o

(also, your smurf name is visible in the chat/message dialog box ;D)
  • btw, what's with that mid-air GL shot on your own flag carrier at 3:26? :o

(also, your smurf name is visible in the chat/message dialog box ;D)

It was a slow day at goonhaven. And what smurf name?
  • Ah, nevermind.

It's at 05:13, but I didn't previously notice there were other people chaining the FC at the same time as you, I'd gather it was one of the other players who delivered that final shot.
  • Ah, nevermind.

It's at 05:13, but I didn't previously notice there were other people chaining the FC at the same time as you, I'd gather it was one of the other players who delivered that final shot.

Yeah I don't smurf as a phallic symbol