Is TribesNext still a work in progress?

Sorry if this is common knowledge, I haven't really kept up. There used to be talk of an update with things such as anti-cheat measures and browser support for teams/tags -- was this abandoned? It's been close to a year it seems. I'm not trying to criticize or anything, you guys saved the game, and did a lot of great work for free -- just curious what to expect.

Peace and Love :>

Comments

• As far as I know there is only one guy that is making changes to the game to fix it and update it. I'm also sure he has a life too, It's going to take time to get it where he wants it to be. In time it will get there. But there are things that others can do to help in other way to get more people in playing the game and draw the old players back to the game. Join in on The Pheonix Project and do what you can to help revive the game to its glory days. Tribes 2 Reborn from the ashes.
  • doesnt say when
  • Yes, it's still in progress.

The last update to the development roadmap, and the last commit to the repository was on November 10th when I made additions to the mail handling code for the browser resurrection.

There're still issues with the Ruby 1.9.1 interpreter upgrade slated for RC3, which is essential to re-enable game play for Linux users (using Wine) and Mac OS X users (using Crossover). This issue will probably take the longest to resolve.

I'll spend about 7 hours on the project before the end of the month. That should bring the community features to an early, but (hopefully) functional state. After that, it will mostly be fixing Ruby 1.9.1 for the RC3 release.
  • and there you have it

war and hate