TribesNext patch

ok, i'll try this forum for help. i've been trying to get tribes working on my computer. it was working fine until recently i had to reformat my computer, and the problems haven't stopped. i got it wokring for a while, but something went wrong and it stopped. not sure if it was the extra skins and mods, i dunno. anyways upon re-installation, when i apply the tribesNext patch it deletes the tribes2.exe file from the gamedata/base folder. so when you go to play all that happens is it says it cannot find the tribes2.exe i'm at a complete loss, have spent the last 5 hours trying a few things here and there, reading as much as i could on this forum, i think i've half fried my brain. and i get a sierra update thingy, but it cannot connect. i read some stuff about possible firewall settings, but seriously, if you have the patience to help me, i need details about everything. i don't really know what i'm doing, so if you care to take on a challenge i would very, very gratefull.

Comments

• it's your anti-virus software (at least it was for me).

Add your Tribes 2 folder into the exceptions list, re-install the game once more and you should be good to go.
  • now is the firewall and anti-virus the same thing? i cannot choose just my tribes2 folder, the only option is to open it, and go farther into the folder. i've added the tribes2.exe to the exceptions list, but this is in my firewall menu. i hope thats the same thing, if not then i do not know how to get into the anti-virus one. more help?
  • No, not firewall. Anti-virus software. Different things.

It thinks the T2.exe is infected with virus or malware because of the way the patch works, and thus you need to somehow tell it specifically to ignore it as a false positive. I don't know what program you're using or how it works, I have F-prot myself, where you do that by going "Virus scanner" ->"Exclusions" from the main window to set it.
  • ok, i have iolo system shield. but it's a part of "system mechanic" and it's an evaluation program. i'll try to get into it now, crossing my fingers...
  • but system mechanic isn't something new... this is a new problem. i haven't installed or deleted anything for it to happen... but am trying to figure out how to make exceptions in the anti-virus. it's a fresh idea for me to try. everyone has been saying firewall this and that, i already did and nada... thank you for taking the time though, i hope we can get tribes to work. it couldn't have come at a worse time for me. just starting a clan, awsome people joining, and my recruiting process... if it's not one thing its another hey?
  • ok, just a peek into how happy i am. got it working... i think i giggled a little bit. yeah... i know. anyways good news though, i'm back, up and runnin! i'll post this on my help topics so people know. thank you! all you who helped.. you have no idea...
  • A Red Ghost I'm having the same issue as you but I have not been able to figure it out like you =( I am running Systems Mechanics as well, can you please let me know how you did it?
  • you did get my reply e-mail yes? i gave you instructions on what i did, let me know how it went hey?