Installing Tribes 2

edited January 2010 in Support
Hi Everyone,

I need some help...

I've installed Tribes 2 through this website and the online patch but i keep coming up with the message 'Tribes2.exe is not a valid win32 application'. I've tried doing what Eolk put down in the 'Frequently Asked Question' forum but nothing works.

Can someone help me, i'm starting to have Tribes 2 withdrawl symptons... :)

Edit: I've fixed that problem, however i've got another now :-\

When i come to launch tribes 2 online i get an error message saying -

Unhandled Exception: c0000005
At Address: 6617834f

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Hi
    Delete all .dso files you find, T2 will remake them when the game starts, but hopefully this time they will not cause ues. Or you could just put this in your game and it will do it for you:
    http://www.the-construct.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3816&postcount=1

as a rule, vl2 files go only in the base folder, all scripts (.cs files) go in the scripts (and sometimes the scripts/autoxec) folder

If getting rid of the dso files doesn't help you may have vid card driver or vid card settings issues.
  • I've removed the dso's but i'm still having the same problem, do i need to manually switch to Direct3D or OpenGL? I'm not sure how to do this. Or is it a vid card settings problem? How would i change the settings to fit Tribes 2?

Can anyone help?
  • Are you running Tribes 2 on a multi-core CPU?
  • to start off, what are the system specs as far as cpu, mem total, os, and vid card?
  • I'm running a laptop with the following -

Acer Aspire 9300
    Processor - AMD Turion 1.6GHz 2 x 512KB L2 cache
    Memory - 2.00 GB DDR2
    System Type - 32-bit Operating System
    Vid Card - 400Mb NVIDIA Geforce Go 7300 TurboCache
  • One thing to try is in your vid card driver control panel make sure antialiasing and anisotropic filtering are disabled. Try that and get back to us.
  • The Turion 2x is a dual core processor, make sure to set Tribes 2 to only use one core. Tribes 2 doesn't like multi-core CPUs.
  • On my global settings i've disabled Anisotropic filtering and Anisotropic sample optimisation and set Antialiasing settings to 'None'. I can get onto the Tribesnext open page but then it just freezes and comes up with that UE warning again :P

How do you set the game just to work off of one processor?
  • in xp start the game, and then get into task manager/processes/tribes2 then right click on t2, select affinity, uncheck one cpu

have u deleted all dso files?
  • I'm running vista home premium, i've unchecked one of the cpu's and also calibrated the game back to xp, but i still get frozen as soon as the tribes 2 launches, i get the launch screen with the title tribesnext but then i get the UE, do you think it will be anything else?
  • is t2 being passed by your firewall?
  • As far as i know, i've tried to turning off the firewall and launhing but nothing new happens, are we running out of ideas, is there anything else we can try?
  • This is answered in the FAQ.

See: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=1337.0

Make sure you try all of the possibilities there. There's one you definitely haven't.
  • I've deleted the dso's and updated my graphic drivers, i'm not to sure how to do the last point, i'm still not getting access, has anyone got any other ideas?
  • I might try reinstalling, shall i try installing from a different mirror? i'm from the uk so i picked the "Fileplay.net Mirror (London/Amsterdam)"
  • for some reason i am thinking this is networking related
  • update: I reinstalled the game and the patch using the "Filefront Mirror (?)" and now it works, i didn't have to delete any dso's or play around with files in the tribes 2 folders, it launched straight away!

Thank you for everyones help, i appreciate it. I'll see everyone online. My account is under the same name as my forum's 'Theseus' look out for me ;D