Anyone get the map editor working?

The map editor doesn't appear to be working with the patched version. Has anyone had better luck than me?

Comments

• The editor only works in non-dedicated servers, and with this patch, you can't host a non-dedicated server. You might be able to later, though.
  • You can host a non dedicated server and use the map editor, just nobody will be able to see the server
  • You can host a non dedicated server and use the map editor, just nobody will be able to see the server

Wrong. They will be able to see the server, but no one will have a name.
  • Wrong. They will be able to see the server, but no one will have a name.

Victor.
  • edited January 2009
    This is probably a VERY Newb question...but Ive been looking for the map editor because I was curious. Well, I dont see it listed anywhere and I cant find it anywhere?

I have a feeling its REALLY simple...Im just not seeing it. ::) :P

:edit::

http://www.tribes2maps.com/files/mapping_made_easy.doc
    I found this but, when I typed "editoropen();" in the console, it didnt work.
  • Sometimes, you need to prod the editor to open. Try these two commands (make sure you include the semi-colons after the commands; I couldn't put them up here because the forum wouldn't let me):
    exec("scripts/editor.cs")
    toggleEditor(1)

After this, you can open and close the editor with alt + e.
  • [move]SAWEEETTT!!!!![/move]

THANKS MAN!!!! Im going to have messing with this!
  • I fixed a small issue I had last night with the T2 editor, Everytime I created an object, particularly buildings...and even if I was looking compeltely away and for away from the center of map where it gets created, the game would crash with a UE.

I had a ATi Radeon 9800 Pro install in the computer Ive been playing T2 on, its been overkill as it is. So I swapped out it with a Geforce4 Mx 440. Now I can create objects right in front of the game endlessly without error.

I figured this out because my friend was having the same issue, and he has a Radeon 3870.

The game seems to prefer Nvidia cards, I havent broke out the 3dfx setup yet! :D
  • I'm having the same problem.. Sept, I'm using a GeForce 7600. I've done some awsome server side moding to the original deathmatch maps. I've put sounds, trees, water, and emitters. It works fine untill I try to create a bunker. instantly crashes.. It's sad because if there is no easy fix for this, the comunity could lose a good server side mapper and server. More than one perhaps.. Can't have that.. Anyone know what's up here?
  • Have you disabled vertex lighting?
  • vertex lighting is just a biatch if ur mapping. disable it as posted above :)
    on another note, wuld anyone be interested in any new client side maps, say if someone were to make any? hehe
  • Well, I'll be damned.. Don't understand it fully, but it fixed it. Vertex lighting.. Weird.. Thx fellas.
  • Holy crap you ditched a 9800 for a mx? That is like going from a 2010 ss camaro to a 92 ford fiesta. I would put the 9800 back in, crank in 16x anisotropic filtering and 2x antialiasing and rampage the servers. I would also run no cat driver newer than 5.11.
  • Actually, a Radeon 9800 is about 5 years old. I'm rockin a GT130m in my laptop.