Aerial Combat

Thought I'd start a thread about aerial combat and see if there's still a following out there. I played tribes 2 back in the day when it first came out and eventually became one of the best shrike pilots in the game. I'd go up against three sometimes four opponents at a time and take em' all out of my sky. Then I discovered the Bones Mod and a community of Tribes2 pilots, remember the clan EP, or the Tribal Air Force

Comments

• I played extensively on every dogfight server since (dws) Unfriendly Skies, and back then my dogfighting skills were second only to Wildcard. I remember EP, but I don't remember ever seeing you. I certainly never heard anyone mention you as one of the best in the game.
  • I played mostly on X-Airways, but I remember unfriendly skies. I'm basing my claim on the fact I could go a whole game in a single shrike. Perhaps we could dogfight?
  • If you guys duke it out, please have a video to post, we'll all want to see it!
  • Played Aerial Dogfight for years. (3 to be exact) Lots of good times, lots of good fights. Long Reach was always my favorite map. :) By any chance, do you remember HAWK Squadron?
  • Poof! Off-topic posts are gone!
  • Not sure, that may have been after my time. I got out of T2 about '02. I mainly played on -=X=- Airways with the Bones mod.
  • Anyone remember me "SINNN" from BONES mod? heheheeheheh

I made a few enemies there. :)
  • Yes I remember you, it's been a while.
  • I remember owling sinnn to 10 kicking his butt all over the map and then being called master
  • Of course I remember aerial dogfight. Keep waiting for it to make its return...It still hasn't has it? Just doesn't seem like the new tribes has much for an old pilot....
  • I attempted my hand at making a vehicle mod, with vehicles that you could configure to your liking, and had Primary/Secondary weapons. It was called Tactical Sky Wars. However, I think at this point only Classic eliteists play anymore.
  • i made a mod where you get flying tan... i mean, i haven't ever made a vehicle mod. nope. never. i'm just so good at tanking that they fly on cue
  • Of course I remember aerial dogfight. Keep waiting for it to make its return...It still hasn't has it? Just doesn't seem like the new tribes has much for an old pilot....
    Hi my name is Wildcard and I tooooooooooootally disappeared for months.
  • Hi my name is Wildcard and I tooooooooooootally disappeared for months.

What a coincidence my name is Wildcard too.

On a serious note though I've never been completely away. I peek in every so often. I've just lost hope of aerial dogfight or base making any real comeback. Thing is with classic being the main game type I don't see it happening. I've thought about it a little and I believe part of the draw of aerial dogfight was the fact that it shared physics with the main gametype(base). That made it a great place to practice your base shriking. Now that base is pretty much gone I just don't think it will take off like it did back then. Don't get me wrong I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
  • im interested on playing this, hopefully i can get some good dogfights :)