Recommended downloads and/or Auto-downloader to be made a priority Please

Recommended downloads

I would like Recommended downloads to be added to the download tab on the website. Here users would be encouraged to get commonly used expansion packs.

Thyth I know u don’t like this idea. But it has been a while since the last patch. And I believe this will improve the quality of maps on servers. This will also be quick to implement.

Auto-downloader

This is a better long term solution but it needs to be developed. If this is the only solution of the 2 you use then please make it a priority and release it in its own increment (i.e. rc2b) so it can be released as soon as possible.

Comments

• Poor Thyth, hes sooo busy.

Good thing hes a workaholic. ;)

You guys know hes putting his own extensive projects on hold (im assuming it's even ON the backburner) to develop this right?
  • Auto-map downloader system is on the agenda.

Do keep in mind that with the Ruby API, anyone could implement such a script. You don't need to wait for me to have the time to do it.
  • What is Ruby API? Is it a program you made, or a program that you use thats been made by someone else?
  • edited April 2010
    What is Ruby API? Is it a program you made, or a program that you use thats been made by someone else?
    The Ruby API is here. Thyth hasn't made the scripting language but he has made it so T2 can parse and compile those programs coded in Ruby have have them run with the game with the addition of the standard T2 compiler with the Torque Script thats included in the game.
  • Just the core Ruby API is available. The standard Ruby API is not. The core API contains binary capable file read/write support, which is all that is really necessary to make a functional transfer system.

There was recently activity on irc about implementing this, since it wasn't so complex (relatively speaking). I don't have the time to do it personally, though.